Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One-fob-click door close is the devil

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several of my family and friends have already been injured. You can't keep the fob in your pocket anymore and wearing it on a clip still causes problems when leaning as when loading or unloading.
Maybe Otterbox should design one for the X key fob. Though I haven't ever needed one for my iPhone nor has the key fob in my back or front pocket caused it to click close all doors.

I keep mine in one of two shirt pockets. Prevents accidental fob presses. My wallet fits in the other shirt pocket for comfortable sitting and less chance of pickpocketing.

The recent software update that allows fob opening and closing of the driver door will decrease scratches on the chrome surface. Two taps for open and one tap for close is very handy. Holding the hatch fob button to open the charge port works better than unlocking with the unintended opening driver door to charge the Model X.

Reactions: xkwizit
Also the charge port now opens from the click on charging cable.
Thanks for that news. Unfortunately, on my teenage VIN Signature, it only opens occasionally while pressing the charge handle button if the car is locked. Appears to work fine if the car is unlocked.

Good to remember the key fob hatch hold or push reflector method to open the charge door if the charge handle button isn't responsive.

Reactions: xkwizit
How tight are your jeans? :)

It would be very difficult for me to notice an accidental single click with an S, especially if the doors were open. The X is... different.
Happened to me twice, both times had fob in same pocket as cell phone or wallet, trunk started to close as was reaching back to pick up luggage to put in trunk. Good that it beeps when starts to close. Learned my lesson, now fob goes in pocket by itself or wear looser trousers.

• Helpful
Reactions: KaiserSoze
I've already concluded that I can't keep my fob in my pocket when I get in to drive--too easy to accidentally open the FWD when I sit down and move my leg, even with a double-click required. (It's happened like 3 times in two days.) In light of that, one click to close doors is great--I use it as I'm walking away, before I transfer the fob back to my pocket.

I guess I just don't understand what is causing these unexpected closings on people's heads. Aside from the driver's door, my car never closes anything without me telling it to. I never have any problem with the keyfob self-clicking, which sounds like that's the problem some are having.

I guess I just don't understand what is causing these unexpected closings on people's heads. Aside from the driver's door, my car never closes anything without me telling it to. I never have any problem with the keyfob self-clicking, which sounds like that's the problem some are having.
Make sure you don't have the web browser on the 17" screen open to TMC. If you make any negative Model-X comments, the rear hatch may close unexpectedly on your head. You must always be careful of the wrath of your Xs.
Sorry, I promise to contribute more useful information once I get my X, but for now I'm just doing whatever I can to keep sane. Just a few more days...