Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One crazy trip and a new world record!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One crazy trip and a new world record! | Silver Lining

What happens if you put 2 crazy Tesla guys together with an idea to do something fun? You get a new world record!

So, a couple of months ago, before I got my P100D delivered, I was already playing with the idea to break the world record of the longest trip in and EV on a single charge. That record was first set by Bjørn Nyland when he took a P85D for a 728.7km spin. A second guy apparently took an 85D on an 880km trip, but admitted having a big downhill section as well, so kudos to the guy doing that, but it is a little bit of cheating IMHO. But that is my personal opinion and you may think otherwise. In either case, we would aim higher than both these records...

One crazy trip and a new world record! | Silver Lining

What happens if you put 2 crazy Tesla guys together with an idea to do something fun? You get a new world record!

So, a couple of months ago, before I got my P100D delivered, I was already playing with the idea to break the world record of the longest trip in and EV on a single charge. That record was first set by Bjørn Nyland when he took a P85D for a 728.7km spin. A second guy apparently took an 85D on an 880km trip, but admitted having a big downhill section as well, so kudos to the guy doing that, but it is a little bit of cheating IMHO. But that is my personal opinion and you may think otherwise. In either case, we would aim higher than both these records...

Gefeliciteerd! Geweldige prestatie :cool:

Hebben jullie een officieel Guinness world record?

er is werk aan de winkel...

Absoluut een mooie prestatie, maar wel een vierdeurs auto met twee! zitplaatsen, helemaal kaal en volgestopt met batterijen. Dus niet helemaal vergelijkbaar ;).

Overigens hebben zij ook erg rustig gereden (ook al doen ze in het begin alsof ze 112 km/u hebben gereden voor een groot stuk), immers hebben zij een energiegebruik van 137,8 Wh/km behaald :cool:

Reactions: S-19910 and FVO
Is het al bevestigd dat ze een afdalend parcours hebben gedaan? Het is inderdaad een groot verschil met ons record, maar wij hadden de pech dat het tijdens de nacht teveel was afgekoeld. P100D moet theoretisch ook de 1000km kunnen overschrijden onder ideale omstandigheden.

Maar als ze eenafdaling hebben genomen, is en blijft het in mijn ogen vals spelen. Kudos voor die mannen, want het is niet eenvoudig om te doen, maar fair is fair ;-)