Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On our way to Italy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive on my own most of the time in UK other than weekends and park my car in parking lots a lot. The ticket barriers will be on the wrong side to insert the ticket to open barriers - LHD x/s is going to be practically difficult for me when I am living 90% of time in UK.
Had this occurrence 3 times in Europe, once the car park attendant passed me the ticket/token, other 2 times I just had to get out of the car, grab the ticket, and get back in, raising my hand briefly in apology to anyone waiting behind me. Suspect it added 20 seconds on the way in and the same on the way out. Wasn't a huge annoyance.

Many of the car parks I did encounter were using number plate recognition, so no need to collect a ticket on the way in or to submit the ticket to the machine on the way out. If this becomes more common place then the only disadvantage remaining for me personally would be visibility when overtaking on single carriageways.

Reactions: spdpsba
Bit stuck as maps are not loading as unable to supercharge - any ideas? The closest service is Reims I have put in a request but haven’t had any reply.
Just an update on this error message that came up while we were on our road trip to Italy. As mentioned before we managed to come back using SC destinations since the error message that came up saying unable to DC charge. We reached and didn’t have any issues with either DC or AC charging. Then again I got the same error message - went to our closest SC and it worked and the error message went off.

Given that this appeared again I thought I’ll make a service request. Good response and quickly the engineer went thro remotely and reported that the inlet harness that goes between the charge port and HV battery needs replacement and we have arranged an appointment to SC. But no cost to this replacement. Hope the problem will be fixed without any new issue as it happens sometimes with Tesla SC.

In the last 32 months I ve just had one service and that cost £127 and this is a no cost replacement. And that’s all I spent if we ignore the puncture. In this period we had done 3 trips to Cornwall around 350miles each way, two long trips to Aviemore, one to the lakes and one to Italy around 1200 miles each way. Very rarely I was worried about range and yet to charge in a non-Tesla SC. My lease ends early next year. Of course, I would like to get the highland model if everything goes well but also wondering whether I should just extend the contract for another extra year - given this didn’t give me any trouble at all. Will see how this all pan out.

Were you getting the same message as below (photo taken by passenger!):

IMG_1006.jpeg

This appeared on the screen of my wife's M3 about 11 days ago. SC visit was last Thursday where they replaced part of the high voltage wiring loom, under warranty of course. Took around three hours.