Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Occasional depress accelerator pedal message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it about a week ago, whenever I wait in a school line or other places in park mode and change to drive, I got error messages saying to depress accelerator pedal to shift when there is nothing to do. I had to shift to P and press pedals couple of times before it could shift to D. Any suggestions what is happening here?

Doesn’t make any sense. Suggest you make an appointment with Tesla to have it looked at.
I am worried it may not showup when I am there and they will not do anything. Both the instances this happened when I have people waiting behind me, so no time to capture a pic but will try and see if I can next time. Any place where I can see all the previous warnings ?

I am worried it may not showup when I am there and they will not do anything. Both the instances this happened when I have people waiting behind me, so no time to capture a pic but will try and see if I can next time. Any place where I can see all the previous warnings ?
It’s possible you could access error messages via the service screen. I don’t recall how, but you can do a search on this forum or the www for accessing error codes for your vehicle.

If you can’t, Tesla sure can. Simply make a note of the day and time the issue happens and then you can give service that information.

Reactions: chowdarygm
It’s possible you could access error messages via the service screen. I don’t recall how, but you can do a search on this forum or the www for accessing error codes for your vehicle.

If you can’t, Tesla sure can. Simply make a note of the day and time the issue happens and then you can give service that information.
Searched and found it but when I get into the service mode, don’t see this error anywhere. In fact, no history of warnings before today’s date. Strange.