Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance losing power on hard acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I am happy owner of 2018 M3P. I like everything of this car.

When i bought it, it had bad 12v battery and it smelled bad changed it.

Put there Energizer EP45JTP

Then i updated the car because it had very old system and after that problems started. Not always but frequently in sport mode when i press pedal fully, car starts like in chill mode until around 20 KM/PH and then like rocket starts flying. Also the acceleration line on the display fills very little like 10% untill 20km/ph and they goes full.

Car shows no error or anything.
I charged fully last night but same thing.
Today i disconnected both batteries and when connected i saw error code vcfront a192

But strange thing is that in track mode it works flawless. always. Its like spaceship.
Only in sport mode we have such a problem.

this was happening in summer on cold start and hot start, and also in winter now. so temperature is not causing this.
Do you think this can be because of non original 12v battery?

One cause of this can be object aware acceleration, which will limit power if the car thinks it sees an object:

=================================================

Obstacle-Aware Acceleration​

Obstacle-Aware Acceleration is designed to reduce the impact of a collision by reducing motor torque and in some cases applying the brakes, if Model 3 detects an object in its driving path. The touchscreen displays a visual warning and sounds a chime when the brakes are automatically applied. For example, Model 3, while parked in front of a closed garage door with Drive engaged, detects that you have pressed hard on the accelerator pedal. Although Model 3 still accelerates and hits the garage door, the reduced torque may result in less damage.
Obstacle-Aware Acceleration is designed to operate only when all of these conditions are simultaneously met:
  • Drive or Reverse is engaged.
  • Model 3 is stopped or traveling less than 10 mph (16 km/h).
  • Model 3 detects an object in its immediate driving path.
To disable Obstacle-Aware Acceleration, touch Controls > Autopilot > Obstacle-Aware Acceleration.
Warning
Obstacle-Aware Acceleration is designed to reduce the severity of an impact. It is not designed to avoid a collision.
Warning
Obstacle-Aware Acceleration may not limit torque in all situations. Several factors, including environmental conditions, distance from an obstacle, and a driver's actions, can limit, delay, or inhibit Obstacle-Aware Acceleration.
Warning
Obstacle-Aware Acceleration may not limit torque when performing a sharp turn, such as into a parking space.
Warning
Do not rely on Obstacle-Aware Acceleration to control acceleration or to avoid, or limit, the severity of a collision, and do not attempt to test Obstacle-Aware Acceleration. Doing so can result in serious property damage, injury, or death.
Warning
Several factors can affect the performance of Obstacle-Aware Acceleration, causing an inappropriate or untimely reduction in motor torque. It is the driver's responsibility to drive safely and remain in control of Model 3 at all times.

=========================================

With that being said, I think that vc front a192 error could be because of the 12v battery. There isnt any real reason not to use Teslas OEM one, unless you cant get it for some reason (grey market car or service center miles away). If those are the case, then you might search on here for aftermarket batteries that people have used that work.