Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYT article: Stalled on the EV Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Data - Logs, And Clear Organized Information - were the winners, bad notes, discrepancies, and inconsistencies, and bad judgement - were the losers!

Also Note - the article Following the Tesla Story on the Aluminum Ford F-150 and how much better it is. Guess that makes the Aluminum Bodied TESLA Model S Superior too - Right?!

Also - While a Gas Car Might not lose much Gas range overnight in cold temps - getting it started with a Lead Acid Battery might not be so much fun, too, plus the 15 - 20 minutes for heat to happen on some vehicles in really cold weather. However, 10 F (-12.2 C) for one night is not really so bad - not like when you are working out side in -20 C Weather for two weeks, and the whole river Freezes over solid!

Now - the point of stopping overnight - without any kind of a plan to plug in a 120V cord to the car - is just about as silly as ever! Had he never left a Cell Phone or Video Camera out in the cold before? See what happens to them!

I think there were some issues between Tesla offering up the car to the paper - and the big boys at the paper finding their most antagonistic EV detractor to make the run. It wad definitely not their most EV Friendly writer, for sure!

Now that we are over that - just remember - how many people broke their thumbs and hands on Cranks before the Electric Started took hold! All new technologies have a teething period, and at least we aren't required to have a person walking in front of an Electric Car with a Lamp shouting - "car coming" - like the first vehicles had to deal with!

This article provided a Lesson to all Journalists - TESLA is watching you drive their car - so tell it straight! A Good message to know - before the next donation to a Journalist for a test!

Ground Rules: coulda, shoulda:

1. 2nd person (Navigator) shoulda been required. TM provides the car, TM sets the Rules. Earhart had Noonan.

2. Sound recording devices both full time & sound-activated shoulda been set up in this car for 'notetaking'. You want pen & paper, Mr B, go sit down in a restaurant. When you are in this car 'just talk'! Not safe to try to scribble notes while driving.

3. Direct line to 'handler' at TM available at all times. The same handler, or team, with deep Roadster/S experience. No weekly hires trying to answer semantical distinctions from reporter. Maybe they actually had a direct line(??).
--

Okay, I decided to go ahead and move the (unfortunately) resurrected unresolvable argument over to Arguing in Circles. Please continue discussions over there.

Yes, Kevin, that includes the blog entry you posted, because it's just going to start the spiral again. I don't care if it's new or not.

I am temporarily locking this thread to prevent a recurrence of the infinite loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.