Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numerology on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fully expect that when 12/9 passes and nothing happens, you all will go full Q-Anon level and pick a new date to start perseverating on.

This has to be the largest, most gratuitous display of Confirmation Bias ever recorded in human history.
There's an easy way to test this. Pick another few dates randomly and try to get it to show up, along with 69 and 420, in all these places.

I did that and totally failed, which leads me to believe that something is going on here.

Also you can roughly estimate the probability of each of these 12/9, 5-1, 69 and 420 coincidences showing up if you want to work through the math. We have a long string of events here that have like 100:1 or 1000:1 odds each. If they were independent random coincidences then you'd multiply those probabilities together and the odds of this being random happenstance is roughly zero.

So the only hit for 4079 229 that I get with a simple Google Search is a part number for a Kalrez O ring. If I then search Kalrez Tesla I get the investors relations site of Tesla, specifically their June 2020 SEC form 10Q. A search of the document for Kalrez finds only one hit: Exhibit 1 "Final Base Build Warranty List" which talks about O-rings leaking and the need to replace them with Kalrez rings. Maybe Elon was really happy about the quality of the Kalrez replacement O rings that he got?
40+7+9+2+2+9 = 69

I did that and totally failed, which leads me to believe that something is going on here.

It's impossible to test infinite possibilities.

You also suffer from Confirmation Bias, so it's not possible for you to test any date in an unbiased fashion and get a result that contradicts your existing belief.

This thread proves you can take any two numbers and link them with fabricated math that looks like it's not a coincidence. This is the very definition of Confirmation Bias.

And it is all just a coincidence. Now Elon might be punking you all now that this is "a thing" and he loves playing along. so that part is not a coincidence. But time will tell.

. We have a long string of events here that have like 100:1 or 1000:1 odds each.

But they are not 100:1 or 1000:1 odds. They are all 1:1 odds because they are entirely fabricated paths to get from A-->B (or more accurately, from B-->A)

Last edited:
40+7+9+2+2+9 = 69

I think there are at least 7! ways to add up those 7 digits, so there are 5040 different ways to add up those numbers (possibly more). So the fact that ONE of them is 69 is not at all surprising.

Additionally, with all the machinations around his 934,091 shares traded, and it's only two prime factors being 229 and 4079, that someone just made up one of the thousands of ways to add up those numbers is 69? That Elon PLANNED THAT? Come on, you really have to admit that that's a HUGE improbability. That he STARTED with "69", found a way to find seven (six actually) numbers that added up to 69, that when those six numbers are split into two prime integers are the only two prime factors in the number of shares he sold? Not happening.

Last edited:
I think there are at least 7! ways to add up those 7 digits, so there are 5040 different ways to add up those numbers (possibly more). So the fact that ONE of them is 69 is not at all surprising.

Additionally, with all the machinations around his 934,091 shares traded, and it's only two prime factors being 229 and 4079, that someone just made up one of the thousands of ways to add up those numbers is 69? That Elon PLANNED THAT? Come on, you really have to admit that that's a HUGE improbability. That he STARTED with "69", found a way to find seven (six actually) numbers that added up to 69, that when those six numbers are split into two prime integers are the only two prime factors in the number of shares he sold? Not happening.
Exactly. I did my best to just let the number lead me somewhere without guiding it to 12/9 or any other predetermined destination. I did not end up at 12/9, I ended up with an obscure O-ring issue. Not where I was looking to get and not a very compelling story. I think the idea that maybe he just a number of shares to sell total and then divided by a number of chunks he wanted to sell them in and got a messy decimal that he rounded to the nearest one is the most likely explanation. I believe him when he says that the fact that the first orbital Starship launch is booster 4 pushing ship 20 is just a coincidence. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Reactions: CarlS
Exactly. I did my best to just let the number lead me somewhere without guiding it to 12/9 or any other predetermined destination. I did not end up at 12/9, I ended up with an obscure O-ring issue. Not where I was looking to get and not a very compelling story. I think the idea that maybe he just a number of shares to sell total and then divided by a number of chunks he wanted to sell them in and got a messy decimal that he rounded to the nearest one is the most likely explanation. I believe him when he says that the fact that the first orbital Starship launch is booster 4 pushing ship 20 is just a coincidence. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Yes, I agree with you 100%. Thank you.

I fully expect that when 12/9 passes and nothing happens, you all will go full Q-Anon level and pick a new date to start perseverating on.

This has to be the largest, most gratuitous display of Confirmation Bias ever recorded in human history.
Originally it was going to be 11/11… half of the memes they are talking about were originally “11/11” references. Superman II, the 2 dice with 1s on them, etc etc. Then 11/11 came and went and suddenly it the wagons circled around 12/9.

Don’t be such a party pooper though, it’s kind of fun to watch.

Reactions: CarlS and M|S|W
And it is all just a coincidence.
Unless it isn’t. I mean… we don’t know either way. That’s the whole point.

Even if something happens on 12/9, we still won’t really know. It could be as you suggest, a coincidence.

Don’t know, not too worried about it either way myself. It is kind of funny watching people cook things up though.

Reactions: CarlS and JRP3
Don’t be such a party pooper though, it’s kind of fun to watch.

If it were all fun and games, I'd agree with you 100%. But as I posted a few days ago (see my quote below), it's hard to tell who is just having fun and who is actually dead serious about this. When people are posting 20 minute youtube videos going over all these "hints", it jumps from just having fun to something more serious.

For instance, what @pz1975 just posted above, I would totally consider that "fun" and playing along with the prank. But all the machinations over Elon's secret messages in every single tweet and utterance is where I draw the line. He has much more important things to do than spend all this time concocting phenomenally convoluted REVERSE puzzles just to hide hints of a 5:1 split on 12/9 (or whatever the next stupid thing is). What about the fact that he put his stock sale plan in place in September? Or the fact that there aren't enough authorized shares to do more than a 1.9:1 split? Or the fact that Elon said in the Shareholder's meeting that there isn't going to be a stock split anytime soon?

This is what bugs me the most. I assume we're all mostly pretty smart people here (with a few exceptions, of course). That when presented with real hard facts, the 12/9ers completely ignore them and keep going down the rabbit hole even deeper. Does that sound like another group to you?

I'm not being a party pooper for the genuinely fun posts. I'm actually scared to see people go down this rabbit hole absolutely void of any critical thinking skills.

</rant>

The thing is, I can't tell who's playing along in this ridiculous game just for fun, and who's actually serious that this is a real thing.

For those in for former category, hats off to you to a very well executed Poe job. For those in the later category, ugh, I have no words.

If it were all fun and games, I'd agree with you 100%. But as I posted a few days ago (see my quote below), it's hard to tell who is just having fun and who is actually dead serious about this. When people are posting 20 minute youtube videos going over all these "hints", it jumps from just having fun to something more serious.

For instance, what @pz1975 just posted above, I would totally consider that "fun" and playing along with the prank. But all the machinations over Elon's secret messages in every single tweet and utterance is where I draw the line. He has much more important things to do than spend all this time concocting phenomenally convoluted REVERSE puzzles just to hide hints of a 5:1 split on 12/9 (or whatever the next stupid thing is). What about the fact that he put his stock sale plan in place in September? Or the fact that there aren't enough authorized shares to do more than a 1.9:1 split? Or the fact that Elon said in the Shareholder's meeting that there isn't going to be a stock split anytime soon?

This is what bugs me the most. I assume we're all mostly pretty smart people here (with a few exceptions, of course). That when presented with real hard facts, the 12/9ers completely ignore them and keep going down the rabbit hole even deeper. Does that sound like another group to you?

I'm not being a party pooper for the genuinely fun posts. I'm actually scared to see people go down this rabbit hole absolutely void of any critical thinking skills.

</rant>

Are you scared because some people on the internet are speculating about stuff? 😅

And you think you’ll make people have critical thinking skills by ranting on a Internet forum thread that’s clearly stated from the beginning is pure speculation based on some “hints”? Good luck with that! 🤣🤣

My assumption is that for a vast majority of people, such as myself, this is all for fun and the more convoluted a theory is the more entertaining it is.

</rant>
I got worried now that even Insideev came out with a similar version of this thread. On one hand it could help my short puts on Monday if macros dont crap themselves again. On the other hand, it puts Elon in the spotlight.

Are you scared because some people on the internet are speculating about stuff? 😅

And you think you’ll make people have critical thinking skills by ranting on a Internet forum thread that’s clearly stated from the beginning is pure speculation based on some “hints”? Good luck with that! 🤣🤣

I'm not scared at all. I just assumed that this community was above whackadoodle conspiracy theories and ignoring facts, especially in the current political environment. Guess I was wrong. Youtube and Twitter and Facebook? Sure.

But TMC? ummm...

I see this as people finding what they are looking for but it would be fun if it happened. "The most entertaining outcome is the most likely"

I think this depends on each individuals' perspective. The most likely, and most entertaining for me is nothing happens on 12/9. But I am 100% pro-split. I just don't think it's going to happen on 12/9. The most likely and most entertaining to serious 12/9ers is a stock split actually happens. Although the personal financial gain post-split would make that a welcome outcome.

My assumption is that for a vast majority of people, such as myself, this is all for fun and the more convoluted a theory is the more entertaining it is.

Agreed, until people started taking this seriously.

Reactions: Paul_SF