Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Now a Great Cup Holder for the S and X designed by an S owner.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been very happy with my front cup holders. Very sturdy, no worries holding my coffee. I think I might want to line the phone compartment with felt so that it doesn't make much noise. I haven't installed the rears yet. Great product and value!

Just received my front cup holder. Photos first; commentary below.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just received my front cup holder, and here are my first reactions:

PROS:
Great customer service; quick shipping
Super simple install (just put it in the existing cup holders)
Great design
Functional (phone/tablet holder is a big plus)
Can thread a black phone cable up through bottom of phone slot and pull it out still plugged in when you want to use your phone
Fair price

Quibbles (meaning each of these is minor):
Finish is very 'plasticy' -- textured pebbled grain on the top is more consistent with the interior than the shiny plastic on sides and in cupholders. (The photos included in the initial post left impression that the entire holder would have a matte finish.)
The symbols embedded on the top textured surface are unfortunate. (Perhaps this is why they sell wraps?!)
Some concern that the plastic underneath might mar the wood on the console so inserted a pad between the two
My phone (iPhone 6+) flops around a bit when driving. I'm sure I can find a fix.

Overall, I'm very happy with this, but I'd pay a bit more for one with a more luxurious look and feel. Thanks to Dave for the red wheel cap decals!

Just received my front cup holder. Photos first; commentary below.
View attachment 182730 View attachment 182731 View attachment 182732 View attachment 182733

Just received my front cup holder, and here are my first reactions:

PROS:
Great customer service; quick shipping
Super simple install (just put it in the existing cup holders)
Great design
Functional (phone/tablet holder is a big plus)
Can thread a black phone cable up through bottom of phone slot and pull it out still plugged in when you want to use your phone
Fair price

Quibbles (meaning each of these is minor):
Finish is very 'plasticy' -- textured pebbled grain on the top is more consistent with the interior than the shiny plastic on sides and in cupholders. (The photos included in the initial post left impression that the entire holder would have a matte finish.)
The symbols embedded on the top textured surface are unfortunate. (Perhaps this is why they sell wraps?!)
Some concern that the plastic underneath might mar the wood on the console so inserted a pad between the two
My phone (iPhone 6+) flops around a bit when driving. I'm sure I can find a fix.

Overall, I'm very happy with this, but I'd pay a bit more for one with a more luxurious look and feel. Thanks to Dave for the red wheel cap decals!
We wanted to texture the sides but it cause issues with the part releasing from the injection mold. After months of testing we have not had any damage to any surface on the Tesla. The biggest challenge to the design was the small amount of clearest under the armrest. Thank you for your nice comments.

Order placed. The reason you're selling so many is because you're NOT trying to rip off people with inferior products for huge amounts of money simply for the reason that if we can afford a nice car we must be able to pay through the nose for accessories.

It took me a bout about minute of reading this thread to go place my order. No brainer.

Can't wait to get it :)

For those that currently use the cup holder, are there any issues other than flopping around when placing your mobile phone in the slotted area? Anyone try launching their car while the phone is in portrait and landscape?

This part is off topic but anyone tried tackling the cubby hole? I tend to lose items when launching the car and the Cubby Cap, which used to be sold separately and overpriced IMO, now requires you to buy their center console.

I received mine today. I functions very well and holds in place very well with the armrest slid forward and back. It serves its function as a cup holder very well and the hinged door on the center console has sufficient clearance under the cup holder. The location of the cup holders is ideal -- easy to reach.

But some of the finish details could be better. It's a shiny black plastic which looks kind of cheap. I so I spray painted it matte black.

The carbon fiber wrap is high gloss and it was already peeling off in a few places. So I removed it and will replace it with real carbon fiber veneer.

When I get all of my work on it finished I'll post a few photos.

As I said in my original post above there were a few details I was not happy about. So I spray painted it with satin black to reduce the gloss, removed the glossy carbon fiber wrap (the grain of which was in the wrong direction) and was coming loose around the edges before it was even installed, and added real carbon fiber veneer in its place. I think it's a big improvement and at least I'm now satisfied enough to have it my car. Here are a few photos of the final results. BTW, that's the remote for the front lighted T in the slot -- held in pace with Velcro or it would slide around all the time and be very annoying.

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_7216.jpg

Reactions: Reekdog
just received one with carbon fiber suppositely. as soon as I received it the STICKER was peeling. its NOT carbon fiber, rather a cheap sticker. I peeled the sticker off and what you see in the pictures above is what the cup holder looks like. good concept but very cheap. not worth the 50 plus I paid for it. would definately not recommend it.

just received one with carbon fiber suppositely. as soon as I received it the STICKER was peeling. its NOT carbon fiber, rather a cheap sticker. I peeled the sticker off and what you see in the pictures above is what the cup holder looks like. good concept but very cheap. not worth the 50 plus I paid for it. would definately not recommend it.
It is the same wrap vinyl we wrap cars with.
We are having trouble with the wraps sticking to the plastic. I will credit you the wrap Monday.
Sorry about this 3M wrap not sticking. Please e mail me your order number.
[email protected]

I was one of the very first customers for the cup holder. I am extremely happy with it and feel it is a good value. Thanks for making products like this. With the standard issue cupholders in the later model S and now the X, I have often wondered if Elon and his engineers just have really short arms. Now, the problem is fixed!

I was one of the very first customers for the cup holder. I am extremely happy with it and feel it is a good value. Thanks for making products like this. With the standard issue cupholders in the later model S and now the X, I have often wondered if Elon and his engineers just have really short arms. Now, the problem is fixed!
Thank you , you made my day. Going to sell a lot of them this week.

Reactions: swesson