Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November / Late November delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm... given that I don't have a VIN yet and haven't heard from my DS (which I didn't expect to until I had a VIN). I'm beginning to wonder if my "Late November" is going to slip into December.

If iPryor confirmed a P85 on 9/16 and he's not going to get delivery until the week of 11/25, I suspect my s85 will end up getting pushed to December. That would be unfortunate.

Man I hate waiting...

If iPryor confirmed a P85 on 9/16 and he's not going to get delivery until the week of 11/25, I suspect my s85 will end up getting pushed to December. That would be unfortunate.

Man I hate waiting...

Reached out to my DS today and found out that if everything stays on track I'll be exiting production the week of 11/18 with a delivery a week or two later. So there's an odd chance that I'll get pushed into December.

Reached out to my DS today and found out that if everything stays on track I'll be exiting production the week of 11/18 with a delivery a week or two later. So there's an odd chance that I'll get pushed into December.

I confirmed the day after you, so I'm probably in the same time frame. I wonder how long the transport takes. I'm in San Diego so that might save a day or two.

I'd really like to have it before Thanksgiving weekend.

If anyone would like their VIN reflected in my VIN database and assignment rate chart, please post your VIN and the date it was assigned over at

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/new-vin-thread-please-post-your-newly-assigned-vins-here

Here's an example of the chart that I update every couple of days.

TeslaVINs.png

Apparently, a lot of stock analysts are following it, so it would be great to have as much data represented as possible. Thanks.

Am I reading this right? Is the current projected path for Tesla to confirm and deliver in excess of 35,000 cars this year? And is that number not significantly greater then the 21,000 projected earlier this year? :tongue:

If anyone would like their VIN reflected in my VIN database and assignment rate chart, please post your VIN and the date it was assigned over at

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/new-vin-thread-please-post-your-newly-assigned-vins-here

Here's an example of the chart that I update every couple of days.

TeslaVINs.png

Apparently, a lot of stock analysts are following it, so it would be great to have as much data represented as possible. Thanks.

Am I reading this right? Is the current projected path for Tesla to confirm and deliver in excess of 35,000 cars this year? And is that number not significantly greater then the 21,000 projected earlier this year? :tongue:

Um, no...not exactly. The number 35,958 is what the number of VIN assignments would be if Tesla went a full year issuing 98.8 VINs each and every day. Clearly, Tesla won't produce and deliver anywhere close to that number in 2013.

VIN assignments =/= demand
VIN assignments =/= production
VIN assignments =/= deliveries

VIN assignments overestimate all of those since VINs include cars that Tesla builds for its own use (e.g., loaners) as well as cars that end up not being purchased after the VIN is issued.

That said, higher VIN assignment rates do suggest higher demand and, eventually, more deliveries. So that's good. :)