Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not leaking but……

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a rain I went out to my 22MY and opened the rear hatch. Soo much water came off the rear glass it was not contained in well and shot over the rubber onto the roof lining. It’s not a big deal but seems just like a crappy design.

Attachments

• 6026D57A-F343-45ED-9611-026BB5080728.jpeg
    6026D57A-F343-45ED-9611-026BB5080728.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 119
Possible solution: rain-x or otherwise hydrophobic coat your glass so that water rolls off as it lands on the glass. This should lower the about of water “sticking” to the slope.

That reduction may be enough for the designed drainage to handle as you open. It.

Maybe.

Possible solution: rain-x or otherwise hydrophobic coat your glass so that water rolls off as it lands on the glass. This should lower the about of water “sticking” to the slope.

That reduction may be enough for the designed drainage to handle as you open. It.

Maybe.
Funny you mention that. I use turtle wax seal and shine in all my cars including the glass. That stuff makes the water roll right off and keeps the cars cleaner in between washes. It was just a lot of water that hit the roof glass at once. The water from the hatch glass poured onto the roof glass. It didn’t fall into the channel. Weird