Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not connecting remotely via App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, for the past few weeks I've been having issues where I simply can't connect remotely to my Y. I'd say 70-80% of the time I just get the spinning wheel "last seen x hours ago" that just doesn't ever connect.

Really frustrating when it's 95-100 degrees outside. I tried rebooting the car, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, etc. Usually it works a few times after that, and then goes back to intermittently working, but most of the time, not working.

Any ideas?

IPhone 13

next time when it happens, try to kill the app in your phone and open it again, sometimes it works. I've be in a similar situation once recently and no way that i could connect the car via the mobile app, but when I walked near the car, it unlocks and i could drive normally. It is a firmware thing i think

I actually think it was the CarPlay box I have connected via USB. Tried unplugging it when I leave the car vs leaving it plugged in, and the issue seems to have gone away.

At least it has the last few times I opened the app.

Sometime overnight the car regained connectivity. I rebooted it this morning and reconnected the CarPlay device. It is communicating now. I suspect the problem lies with Tesla’s servers.
My worry about their servers made me delay purchasing one for years. My brother who has owned a Y for 3 years, assured me that all was smooth.
Never listen to your older brother.