Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nonsense from John Petersen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignore anything from internet commentators who are paid per view. Truth is irrelevant to them. What works for them are confrontation, hyperbole, fear and panic all wrapped in an appearance of authority.

Can anybody point to anything Petersen has been right about in any of his extremely long well expressed opinions about Telsa. Now he even includes references to SpaceX. Sounds like dick-envy to me;
What has Petersen accomplished relative to Musk that warrants this kind of vitriol dis-respect on someone's efforts- much less the results...

Pardon me, but what's the penalty for churning stock?
And what if a lawyer and a person who advising people on investing is telling them how to do it and engage in illegal churning on an open website. Here's a screenshot of the full quote

JP stock churning.png

Here's the link and it's the 5th comment
Big Changes In Axion's FINRA Short Sale Ratios - John Petersen - Seeking Alpha

Pardon me, but what's the penalty for churning stock?
And what if a lawyer and a person who advising people on investing is telling them how to do it and engage in illegal churning on an open website. Here's a screenshot of the full quote

View attachment 19134

Here's the link and it's the 5th comment
Big Changes In Axion's FINRA Short Sale Ratios - John Petersen - Seeking Alpha

I think you completely misunderstood John on this one. He was talking about AXPW, in which he is heavily invested at an average over $1 (I think he stated the exact figure several times; that for several years already when he was in the BOA) - now a stock under 30c. He explains to fellow shareholders what kind of games others may be playing with them and how to take those cheaters out of the game.

It seems to me he may not be the best financial advisor. I'm sure he recommended Axion which is a penny stock now and strongly against Tesla which is up over 150% or so from the IPO.

I think he is wrong about Tesla for several reasons. But we are all wrong sometimes, especially when we we try to predict the future.

I know John personally. He is a lawyer helping small companies structure in order to do IPOs. He writes those pesky SEC fillings for those companies. After 30+ years of experience, I think one should not dismiss him with a hand waive just because he has a different point of view and reaches different conclusions.

What I do is listen to him, see if I can learn something useful, but not believe his conclusions. Just run my scenarios again and again using the new info / knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, much appreciated as I was curious:)

Oh, as a SeekingAlpha contributor you can choose to make 1c per (unique) page view or not. In the latter case, other publications can cite you freely. John does that because he seeks exposure. When I write on SA, I choose the former option and most of the time donate the money afterwards.

To be fair, we don't dismiss him out-of-hand at all, we thoroughly analyse what he says and try to figure out why he came to the wrong conclusion. If we were to dismiss him out-of-hand, it wouldn't be because we don't agree with his conclusions, it would be because he has been wrong on just about everything he has said about Tesla since we first started paying attention to him.

Now, I don't claim that we do all of this in the most civil language...

I'm sure he's good at what he does but his aggressive nature and laser like focus on everything anti-Tesla along with his lack of research into his arguments is what most people seem to have a problem with. He seems very against any dissenting opinion often treating commenters who have a differently opinion very rudely (saying they have the education of a 5th grader or live in fantasy land...etc).

After 30+ years of experience, I think one should not dismiss him with a hand waive just because he has a different point of view and reaches different conclusions.

I dismiss him with a hand waive because he writes articles solely intended to prop up his own personal investments. Everything he writes stems from that one premise. He has gotten hundreds of unwitting retail investors fooled into thinking that there's a pot of gold at the end of the ACPW rainbow. A read of the company's most recent conference call shows the questions were all from individual investors, many of whom can be identified as followers of his blogs. The stock has declined from 90% since he's been writing about it, and it would be far worse without him. Were it not for Mr. Petersen's blogging, AXPW would have had an even harder time raising capital last year, and maybe would not have survived to this day, when they again need to raise capital.