Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more Service Kings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend who is a estimator at a local Service King. He said last week SK corporate sent out a mass email saying they had chosen to end the relationship with Tesla, and would no longer be taking them in. No cash pay, insurance work, nothing. Tesla owners will be flat out turned away, starting in December.

I know many people have had less than optimal experiences with Service King, but a couple hundred less certified shops isn't going to help the Tesla body shop situation....

Maybe there is a new deal in the works with someone else?

Just wanted to confirm that Friday 11/15 was the last day they were going to accept new cars for repair. I picked up my Model 3 on the Thursday and they said it was a corporate decision and that they had lost money on the contract. The Tesla website still lists the “local” Service King as the only one in my area (Buffalo,NY) so I hope they have a plan in place soon.

I have a friend who is a estimator at a local Service King. He said last week SK corporate sent out a mass email saying they had chosen to end the relationship with Tesla, and would no longer be taking them in. No cash pay, insurance work, nothing. Tesla owners will be flat out turned away, starting in December.

I know many people have had less than optimal experiences with Service King, but a couple hundred less certified shops isn't going to help the Tesla body shop situation....

Maybe there is a new deal in the works with someone else?
Wow, this truly has reduced the number of shops...Out of curiosity, I checked my local area to see if more were added and noticed many less. I haven't seen any complaints about long repair times though... So maybe, they figured something out? Not sure how with so many fewer shops though...?