Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No audio, turn signal noise, proximity noise, or voice commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last couple of weeks i have had an issue where i come out to my car, mostly after a day of work, and i get in and it will play absolutely no noises. The radio/slacker/phone wont play anything, the turn signals dont make a noise, the proximity beep doesnt happen, and when i push the right steering wheel button nothing happens for the voice command. It stays that way for the whole drive. The only thing that i have found that works is to get out of the car, close the door, and get back in. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: It occurred prior to the latest update and has happened after the "emissions" update.

Numerous reports of the same issue. Generally, a reboot (pressing both buttons on the steering wheel)doesn’t help. Sometimes, you can recover by putting the car in park and using the Power Off function on the main screen; wait a minute before pressing the brake to wake the car.

After you get audio back, report it to Tesla by using a voice command like “bug report no audio including music, blinkers, parking assist.”

Other than that, wait for new software updates to hopefully fix the issue like we all are and enjoy a quiet drive to work on occasion.

Security menu shutdown and reboot fixes this 100% of the time for me. Annoying, but at least it’s a simple 1 min fix. Hope they correct this and the fast asleep bug when opening door soon though. Also, you can drive fine with all the sound off, although it is disconcerting.

I had made a request for a "reset audio" function to "reboot the amps" or whatever it takes so we don't have to stop, put the car in park, and do the whole "power off" thing just to get the audio restarted.

Perhaps they could do something like hold down on the audio source selector button for 5 seconds constantly to reboot the audio?
We keep hearing that "this is fixed in the next firmware update"... Maybe they are close with a fix, or maybe it is time to add a "Tier 1.5 reset" to give us some easier way to workaround this situation.