Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 7 seat configuration possible for Performance Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tweeted Elon. I doubt i’ll get a reply from him :mad:. :D

MYP 5 seater for attention, with mudguards behind Black Apollo wheels, haha :cool:

AE385AA3-F682-4FBB-B5D8-D9FE3137351D.jpeg

I gave up waiting and ordered the normal 5 seat Y Performance.
Now I feel dumb for waiting all this time for 7 seats for no reason. Oh well, at least I got a heated steering wheel out of the wait.
Smart move. I was frustrated because I had my heart set on a performance. But...when it all came down to it and I had to make a decision, the price increase for less miles of range and fewer seats (even if I only plan to use the 3rd row occasionally) didn’t seem worth it.

I downgraded to a LR and am taking delivery sometime next week.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
Smart move. I was frustrated because I had my heart set on a performance. But...when it all came down to it and I had to make a decision, the price increase for less miles of range and fewer seats (even if I only plan to use the 3rd row occasionally) didn’t seem worth it.

I downgraded to a LR and am taking delivery sometime next week.
A great choice. The range on that thing is phenomenal! I'm hoping to get a little better range by using some Tsportline wheels with all season tires in the winter / road trips.

I had an order for a 7-Seater Performance Model Y from early last year.

I contacted my SA and he confirmed that there are no plans to build the 7 seat option for the Performance. No details were given why or if this is a definitive or temporary thing.

After waiting almost a year, I decided to just call it and downgrade to a LRAWD. I'll get better range, more practical tires, and save thousands.

then spring for the $2K Performance Boost, my DRAGY confirms 0 to 60 in 4.07 seconds. You get a better and safer ride, longer range, quieter cabin and less costly tires that wear longer. It's a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN situation.

then spring for the $2K Performance Boost, my DRAGY confirms 0 to 60 in 4.07 seconds. You get a better and safer ride, longer range, quieter cabin and less costly tires that wear longer. It's a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN situation.
Yeah, that's a very good point / option which I considered. In the end, I really wanted the Performance more (than 7 seats) for such an affordable price (compared to when I could not afford Performance back in 2016 when ordering my previous S).

That’s the plan. I’ve heard nothing but great things about the acceleration boost. Considering I used to spend thousands on modifications that would take days to install and would only move the needle a little... $2k to drop a half second off 0-60 is a no brainer.

Here’s the question: I’m supposed to take delivery sometime next week. Do I get it right away or do I drive the car a few months and then upgrade? Might be a good quarterly bonus spend for me.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
to all of you who believe you do not need performance -- if you drive it - you will see why its the best option for the MY. The performance boost doesn't even come close.
Completely subjective statement.
I’ve driven performance. I’ve also driven long range. Either would be fine but the long range offers things I have to have for my family.

also, I can handle losing to the occasional corvette from time to time.

I have an MYP on order - no rush in delivery.

I was contemplating in changing it to LR AWD with 7 seats. But...
Got to check out a 7 seater last week and my 12 yo daughter (youngest of 3 kids), who will likely be seating there, will not be comfortable even in the very rare time that all 5 of us are in the Y for a long drive.

We have a 2020 MYP, and I have a second set 19 Gemini's for the occasional long drive for better range.
If I get the 2021 MYP I can take off and sell the new 21" Uberturbines for about $2500.
And use the 19" Geminis or my current 21" Uberturbines that came with the 2020 MYP on this 2021 MYP.

Selling the new 21" Uberturbines will at least lessen the $10K price gap from a LR AWD.
There are some incentives here in California that can also shave the cost at about $3500.

Now, I know that if I get the LR AWD - I will want to buy the Perfomance Boost for $2K.
Then comes painting the calipers, aftermarket spoiler/pedals etc that will be tempting me for mods.

What would you do?

MYP or LR AWD Y....

PS: I have a 2018 LR AWD Model 3 at 82000 miles (valued $30K by Tesla/Carvana) to either trade or invest in TSLA.