Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Seats for $3500 - Good value or spend it on a new sofa and loveseat at home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a test drive in a PD yesterday, I am 100% convinced that the NextGen seats are not for me. The leg movement is to confined and was unconfortable after a short time. Could not emagine a long trip in them. My outer thighs are wide. If I lost 50lbs then maybe, not that motivated. If you weigh over 180lbs you should test out the new seats for a few minutes to get a feel for them. Going with the Textiles is what I'm doing.

Wait wait - this could be the next thing, the ultimate in Eco-friendly, Richard Simpson-ian Tail-Wagging of the dog:
"Yes, I'm getting a new Tesla, but I ordered the NextGen Seats, so I'm losing 50 lbs".
Weight Watchers 2015: Enrollment just $100, plus a Tesla with NextGen Seats...

So what is the final verdict? If you get the next gen seats, are they only for the front? If you are paying such a huge price difference, it's got to be more than just 2 front seats.

I can understand supply issues but there is no reason for not giving us an option, if you are concerned about the size of your passengers/drivers, just don't get the new gen seats but it should be available for others(including the back passenger new gen seats) if we're shelling out the extra $$$

There should be a disclaimer(as it is for the rear facing child seats) about passenger weight, visibility through the rear view mirror and the folding issue of the back seats.

So what is the final verdict? If you get the next gen seats, are they only for the front? If you are paying such a huge price difference, it's got to be more than just 2 front seats.
They changed that back - you now get them in front and back again by default. I actually don't know what happens with the cars that were confirmed in the time window when they called and asked and the people who opted for just new front seats. But when you order today you get both front and rear.