Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newport Beach & Costa Mesa, CA Need New Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Love
Reactions: Rocky_H
I live in Newport Beach & Costa Mesa, CA and there are no superchargers anywhere. Plenty of Teslas naturally. The nearest superchargers are in Irvine and Fountain Valley areas but the demand is so high. Costa Mesa & Newport Beach NEED superchargers BAD.
Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.22.45 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H
Living in Huntington Beach, I find the Fountain Valley chargers convenient, but I've also charged at the Costa Mesa (Hyland) in SoCo. But since there are only 8 chargers there it gets busy fast. I haven't yet tried to the other one in Costa Mesa at Bristol and Santa Ana Ave, or the one next Classic Q's in Newport Beach on MacArthur, just down from the airport, but those are in your cities.

Is there a reason why certain cities don't have any superchargers, while others have plenty? The glaring ones that don't: Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, RPV, Garden Grove, Whittier, La Mirada...

I can understand if beach cities can be costly, but even a handful of inland ones just seem to be skipped over. I wonder if it's also price or if the cities themselves don't want them or if Elon doesn't want them there.

I live in Newport Beach & Costa Mesa, CA and there are no superchargers anywhere. Plenty of Teslas naturally. The nearest superchargers are in Irvine and Fountain Valley areas but the demand is so high. Costa Mesa & Newport Beach NEED superchargers BAD.

I assume you may have a house if you own a Tesla. Or find a way to charge at the home, apartment, rental place if it's not a house with a wall connector.

I rarely use any supercharger living in Lake Forest CA for local commutes, including further commutes to LA, San Diego, San Bernardino. So I just come home with 10-20 percent and plug in so thus never having to go out of my way to charge.

I live in Newport. You have 2 off the 405 and MacArthur, slower ones. Most of us hit the one at Tustin legacy, 8 in the back and are crazy fast.

Newest one in the area is just north of you off walnut and the 55.

To be honest at this time with 12cents after midnight you should find time to only be charging at those times and you shouldn’t have a problem living in that area needing chargers.

Good luck!