Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newport Beach, CA (LIVE 25 Jun 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw somewhere that there may be a supercharger being built in Newport Beach on MacArthur Blvd. near the airport. Went and checked it out. Appears to be 10-12 pedestals in the parking area behind the Classic Q billiards bar. Two of the pedestals were separated from the rest and appeared to be mounted differently. I didn't get an image of those.

Attachments

• 20230422_130443.jpg
    20230422_130443.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 553
  • 20230422_130450.jpg
    20230422_130450.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 160
Two of the pedestals were separated from the rest and appeared to be mounted differently. I didn't get an image of those.

Could be for ADA access, the pedestals might be then installed behind the car's rear bumper area.

Note: Loking at @gsmith63 pictures, here is what seems to be the Google map location:

SC  New Port Beach, CA   .jpg

Last edited:
They need to build some a bit further out in Newport. Within a few minutes of this location is the Irvine Supercharger on Main, the one on Michelson, and the new one being built on Campus/Von Karman. I guess I understand since there are so many commuters and the airport is close by, but they need to spread out from this couple mile radius.

I'm very surprised to see this pop up in Newport Beach, but the location looks to be easy to access without too much potential to congest the area...that portion of MacArthur is fairly under-utilized. It's close enough to SNA where folks may opt to charge their Teslas while waiting to pick up a friend/relative at arrivals instead of waiting in the cell phone lot (no chargers there).

Was driving near SNA today, and had to meet someone for brunch. But it says on the screen that this Supercharger is now open.

Will be there Tues/Weds, so will update y'all then
Nice find! Looks like they might be in the process of actively commissioning them this afternoon. Good enough to go live on SC.info?
@corywright @Big Earl @bmah

Screenshot_20230625_162126_Tesla.jpg

Screenshot_20230625_162205_Chrome.jpg

I dropped in yesterday at around noon with about 3 unused stalls. I never saw anyone wait for a stall since most who were charging stayed no longer than 30 minutes (maybe folks were on their lunch breaks). I noticed a lot of Model 3s with paper license plates so I'm assuming a lot of folks either don't have a place to charge at home/work or there might be some free Supercharging promo circulating (not a bad way to sell some cars).

Well I went by on the Thursday the 6th around 9:20 pm and only 3 chargers had power (lighted logos) . Looks like it had just happened as Tesla's were scrambling to those spots. I left and went to another charger. I don't live in the area so I don't know the status as of now. Hopefully it was/is temporary.

• Informative
Reactions: awokeinthelbc