Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is, right here. It even says "base option." None of us have a base optioned car, all of our tests are invalid. Can we put this one away now?

upload_2016-8-10_13-38-12.png

• Informative
Reactions: ShotgunF15E
There it is, right here. It even says "base option." None of us have a base optioned car, all of our tests are invalid. Can we put this one away now?

View attachment 189510

You would think so. But unfortunately with segments of this crowd, nope

That says "Model S P90D base option acceleration......"

Not "Model S P90D base option with Ludicrous" acceleration..."

Since its impossible to have a "base" P90D and still have "Ludicrous", because just the addition of the option "Ludicrous" would disqualify it from being referred to as "base".

This coupled with the scant results might and probably will be used to assist in some of the "10.9 was a lie" arguments in here.

Plus this applies to "rollout" and thus 0-60 times and not quarter mile times.

And yes it is logical that the comment would apply to both 0-60 and quarter mile times, but logic does not always apply in this discussion.

So sadly, no, this one is still wide awake.

Take a look at the post directly below this one for an example of what I'm alluding to.

Last edited:
right before the P90D was released Tesla did update the web page footer with new performance information.

From Tesla webpage
Performance
Model S P90D base option acceleration ratings follow motortrend.com test procedure of subtracting the first foot rollout time to represent drag strip performance

My main language is not English, but the base option part of that I understand as Model s base version without extras like Panoramic roof etc. ?
1/4 mile is also a acceleration rating.

+1 wow. Yes exactly. And the way back machine confirms it has been there since October 2015.

upload_2016-8-10_14-53-55.png

These are and always have been "base option acceleration ratings" --

Too bad that they didn't tell some of us more explicitly: "Options on top of the base will be subject to the laws of physics" For those who imagined that the options floated weightlessly.

Neither statement is really necessary for those who understand --

options have consequences

Weren't the first PD90DL's rolling out in June or July 2015? I don't think they could be covered by any CYA legal language.

So sue 'em and find out.

Now it's "CYA language".

No they didn't roll out the Ludicrous cars in June or July of 2015.

Ludicrous wasn't even announced until mid July of 2015. Three Dog Day.

The first Ludicrous cars showed up months later.

+1 wow. Yes exactly. And the way back machine confirms it has been there since October 2015.

View attachment 189515

These are and always have been "base option acceleration ratings" --

Too bad that they didn't tell some of us more explicitly: "Options on top of the base will be subject to the laws of physics" For those who imagined that the options floated weightlessly.

Neither statement is really necessary for those who understand --

options have consequences

You have consistently made the argument that the 10.9 referred to otherwise un optioned P90DL cars.

It's good to see your point proven.

A legitimate answer and one actually in writing has been there all along.

Of course this won't satisfy those who want to grind their axes.

It's even being referred to as "CYA" language.

On a different note.......
I just got back from the Service Center where the folks were kind enough to flip me a key for a V2 P90DL (you know who you are an you rock). I promptly moved the car to the super charger and topped it off with Max Bat enabled. That was followed by a little test drive.

From my non-calibrated butt dyno, the 0-40 feel was about the same as my P85DL +/- a bit. I've got lighter wheels and better rubber which likely helps with the consistency I feel with my car.

The 0-100 is WAY better. The V2 car pulls much better above 60 than my car.

Punching it from a steady state 40, 50, or 60 mph is WAY WAY better than my car and is much closer in line with some 650 to 700 hp cars I own or have owned in the past.

I've not collected data but I suspect Tesla is close to, if not exactly on, the current ramp used on my car. This would explain the very consistent launch and lower speed feel of the two cars. Data has already demonstrated on other cars that Tesla is in the 500 KW range (670 hp by my math) and this is backed up by the feel of the car beyond the initial current ramp.

Sure would be nice if the V2 battery would work with older cars. The P90DL I drove has the same ole floaty MB air spring damper valving I learned to loath in that other brand. I was over the moon happy when the chassis engineering guys said I would be thrilled with the P85D valving. They were right and, as much as I love extra power, I refuse to give up quality feedback from the road (not to mention putting up with sea sickness :) ). You use the power once in a while. You live with the suspension every single minute.

Now back to the regularly schedule arguments to which I will add-
I've come to the conclusion that there is a troll amongst us. Just add up the words typed and you will find the culprit.
And no, I do not have a need to file suit against any and everyone I have a disagreement with. That would just flat be a pathetic existence.

View attachment 189510

I think that's just referring to 0-60 times. There is no 1ft subtraction standard for the 1/4 mile although if there was, it would knock just about 0.25 seconds off the 1/4.

Plus fully optioned P85DLs and P90DLs achieve the speced 0-60 time anyways.

• Informative
Reactions: darthy001
Very good point!

It's pedantic. You also don't have a "base" car if you got it with an optional tint coat paint on it and no other option.

I appreciate the props on it being a good point. But before you congratulate me too much in it, I would urge you to consider the paint and whether or not the term "base car" is understood.

In other words, did you take it to mean that only white P90Ds or black P90Ds and with no other options was what they were referring to when they said "base" and listed the performance specs for the "base" P90D???

Would that be a reasonable assessment of what they meant?

So don't be so quick to congratulate me on my point.

However if anyone wants to use my point in the big court proceedings and think it'll win them some points...

Feel free.

But be warned, sometimes judges get offended at plaintiffs who play dumb and waste the court's time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.