Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When newer P90DLs start hitting 10.9s in the next month, what will owners of older P90DLs do when they realize their cars can't hit 10.9 without that new battery.

Good find. I doubt that means you couldn't use the later battery on earlier cars. It probably just specifies which battery should be used with which car for purposes of replacement.

So P00DLs made on 4/11 or later are making more a lot more power than pre 4/11 cars it would seem.

Has there been more than one Model S example demonstrating more than the 456KW so far?

On the one hand, if this is hardware related then pre 3/16 owners won't take it well.

If it's from an OTA update that we all overlooked, then it would be interesting to see if it has any benefit in terms of power, for the other cars.

So no one is saying it yet, but wouldn't it be reasonable to say that one possible reason these packs are explicitly not to be used in anything other than the latest build P90Ds is that these are the 100kw packs? Would make sense that only new cars could handle the modified circuitry or whatever it is that will come from the bigger pack.

Possibly wishful thinking, as I have a new P90DL entering production in the next few days.,,
Might be but then it begs the question are Teslas really future upgrade able because the document clearly states when to use certain batteries

Has there been more than one Model S example demonstrating more than the 456KW so far?

On the one hand, if this is hardware related then pre 3/16 owners won't take it well.

If it's from an OTA update that we all overlooked, then it would be interesting to see if it has any benefit in terms of power, for the other cars.

wk057 says his P85DL made 774KW shown by the BMS but it's not part of a log showing power, speed, etc. I'm not sure its equivalent to what's being reported through the API or CANBUS.

Good find. I doubt that means you couldn't use the later battery on earlier cars. It probably just specifies which battery should be used with which car for purposes of replacement.

So P00DLs made on 4/11 or later are making more a lot more power than pre 4/11 cars it would seem.

My car was made prior to 4/11.

Battery Part number:

1071394-00-A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.