Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wall Connector - Rear Entry Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the process of installing two of the new wall chargers in my garage, and of course wanting a clean look with nothing exposed I am trying to do a rear-entry install.

Some quick facts:

1. I went the subpanel route in the garage to maximize my flexibility. I'm running #3 wire from the subpanel to each wall connector so the wire has more flex in it than #2, to ease those steep bends.

2. Everything is running through conduit -- I live in Chicago, this is conduit central. :)

My question - any tips / tricks for getting the wiring into the rear of the wall connector? The challenge my electrician is having is being able to bend the cable at a 90 degree angle into the wall connector.

I'd appreciate any descriptions / thoughts anyone has about how they have gotten their rear entry installs done and what we're missing here to make it happen. I'm attaching a couple of photos of what I'm working with. The conduit the #3 wires are going to be coming is on the right in both photos.

Thanks!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg