Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New TSportline TSS Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Have folks seen these? Apppear to be new.

They look like the Tesla Arachnid wheels for the S. Nice!

Staggered set up available where the back are a couple of pounds heavier each than the OEM 20s. Think that would make a noticeable difference in range and acceleration?

And for performance, would folks recommend the Michelin or Pirelli tires?

Am considering those for my summer wheels. Got a P3D+

There's some discussion, pictures and video of these wheels here: Model 3 with Arachnid wheels?

According to the wheel guide on their website, the front wheels are 28.4 pounds and the rear wheels are 30.45 pounds (if staggered). Of course you could just get 4 8.5" x 20" non-staggered and come in lighter than the OEM sport wheels.

The OEM sport wheels are 28.75 pounds each and non-staggered.

Last edited:
Staggered set up available where the back are a couple of pounds heavier each than the OEM 20s. Think that would make a noticeable difference in range and acceleration?

And for performance, would folks recommend the Michelin or Pirelli tires?

I wouldn't recommend a staggered set-up for Model 3, it's already very well balanced and should keep a square tire set-up. As for the tires, I'd probably stick with the Pilot Sport 4S for daily driving. Pirelli makes good tires, but they can be a bit expensive. Bridgestone also makes good tires, i'm probably going with the S007A next.

Reactions: dwalme
I wouldn't recommend a staggered set-up for Model 3, it's already very well balanced and should keep a square tire set-up. As for the tires, I'd probably stick with the Pilot Sport 4S for daily driving. Pirelli makes good tires, but they can be a bit expensive. Bridgestone also makes good tires, i'm probably going with the S007A next.

You don’t think the staggered set up would make the car even more stable? I do like how it looks though.

You don’t think the staggered set up would make the car even more stable? I do like how it looks though.

Increasing the width of your wheels/tires definitely improves grip, but if you only do it on the rear (i.e a staggered set-up) then you will get more understeer since you now have less grip on the front relative to the rear. It does look good and that's really the main reason for doing it, but you could definitely fit a larger width wheel in the front as well (up to 9.5" normally).

Reactions: dwalme
The TSS wheels look great but I noticed the load rating on the 19" TSS is only 680kg vs 750kg on all their other 19" TST. Would this mean they'll be more likely to bend from pothole impacts? How do these ratings compare with the oem 19"? I wasn't able to find a load rating.

I’m waiting to see the referral forged wheels because, well, free>than not and they may be arachnid or arachnid-like.

The icon showing in the Loot Box makes them looks very arachnid-like indeed. Though i'm sure Tesla will probably want $4-5K for the forged wheels alone. Luckily i knew some people who wanted a Model 3 so now i get to try them for free :)

Quick question-- how do you remove the center caps on the TSS wheels?
Thanks!
I was told by Tsporline support that they aren't intended to be removed while the wheels are mounted on the car. You have to either take the wheels off or drill a small hole in the center cap and put a "tool" behind to pull them out. Rather disappointing since I can pull the OEM center caps with a suction cup on the aero wheels before I put the aero covers on. If had I known I would have had discount leave them off when they mounted the wheels. Now I have to remember to remove them when I switch back to my winters.