Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Android App Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still lacking an official Windows phone app that can sync my calendar to the car.

I had a weird experience yesterday : I changed phone (got a new one) and when I went to the Calendar app in the car it told me "No phone connected to Bluetooth, please connect a phone to show calendar event" even though the app was installed and running on my phone.

Maybe they switched to transfer from Bluetooth instead of the APP with version 7?

I had a weird experience yesterday : I changed phone (got a new one) and when I went to the Calendar app in the car it told me "No phone connected to Bluetooth, please connect a phone to show calendar event" even though the app was installed and running on my phone.

Maybe they switched to transfer from Bluetooth instead of the APP with version 7?

No. It requires both the app running on the phone, and bluetooth access between car and phone.

Every phone must establish a unique bluetooth connection between phone and car. The car recognized a unique connection to your old phone when it was originally synced up. Your car doesn't recognize your new phone yet. You have to sync your new phone with your car. Go through the bluetooth syncing process with your new phone and your car. Once you've done that, your car will recognize your new phone whenever you bring it into the car. And your calendar data will be displayed. I hope this makes sense to you.

Still lacking an official Windows phone app that can sync my calendar to the car.

People actually use Windows phones? Last I checked they barely had more market share than Blackberry. Not surprising that nearly no mobile developers waste time on the platform. I wouldn't expect a Windows mobile Tesla app unless you write one yourself...

People actually use Windows phones? Last I checked they barely had more market share than Blackberry. Not surprising that nearly no mobile developers waste time on the platform. I wouldn't expect a Windows mobile Tesla app unless you write one yourself...

Hey now, let's not insult Windows phone. They are 8x more popular than blackberry! With a whopping 2.6% market-share last quarter ;)

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012

What's interesting is that Android is so far ahead of iOS, yet my Android app is only catching up with features to what I've read the iOS can do...

Max* What's interesting is that Android is so far ahead of iOS said:
Interesting observation...My wife has i phone 6 and I have Samsung Note 2 and I am pretty disappointed when she gets notification when I plug my car...:scared:

BTW I installed Tesla apps on both the phones but it seems to work better with iphone

Windows Mobile is long-dead (v6.5 was the last one). Then there was Windows Phone (7, 8, 8.1). Now, there is Windows 10 Mobile (Windows 10 on a mobile device). It's confusing. Lots of people are using the new Windows Phone and Windows 10 Mobile. Still relatively rare compared to Android & iOS, but way more common than the old Windows Mobile / Pocket PC.

Windows Mobile is long-dead (v6.5 was the last one). Then there was Windows Phone (7, 8, 8.1). Now, there is Windows 10 Mobile (Windows 10 on a mobile device). It's confusing. Lots of people are using the new Windows Phone and Windows 10 Mobile. Still relatively rare compared to Android & iOS, but way more common than the old Windows Mobile / Pocket PC.

Yeah, I have a friend who is for some reason obsessed with Windows 8+ mobile stuff for some reason. He literally can do nothing with the device that I can with my Android devices, but that doesn't seem to matter. It's still complete and utter crap with near zero developer support. Even super basic things are impossible, especially anything that involves Google. For example, I keep in touch with basically everyone via Google Hangouts. This friend is the *only* person I still SMS/MMS. Why? Oh, because Hangouts is impossible on Windows Phones. Yeah, there are some third party apps for the text portion that suck, but none support any of the other features, particularly image sharing. When I share a hangouts image with him it shows up as if I messaged him a link. When he tries to open it in any of his fake ad-ridden hangouts apps, his browser on the phone can't even load the page with the because it sucks that bad... yet the browser on my grandfather's LG flip phone can load the same link just fine. My friend was a little mad about the video I made of that. lol.

I fully support Tesla not wasting time supporting Windows devices for the seven people who might be able to make use of it. Windows powered mobile phone devices need to just quietly die off like they've already begun to are since virtually every major carrier has abandoned support for it.

Even iOS is better than Windows mobile/phone/whatever people want to call it.... and that's saying a lot coming from me as I'm probably in the top 1% of the biggest Apple opponents on the planet.

This is so off topic, but back when Windows Phone came out people were so sure that it would be a solid third to Android and iOS. Seems like that never happened and probably never will. Back then the major phone makers at least paid some lip service to it and carriers were willing to do some ads, but now it seems it's only still around to keep Nokia with an OS to use.

Anybody get the charge complete notification in Android? My car just finished charging, app had the box checked, and nothing happened...

I had the same issue.

I also got a double notification for charging starting, and at the same time a double notification (incorrectly) for charging interrupted. And then no notification for charging completed.

For the same charge, Visible Tesla correctly sent just a Charge Started and Charge Completed notification.

You need to enable it for the car as well in the menu. And the car can't be asleep when you select the car, or the app crashes.

What do you mean by "enable it for the car as well?" Under the notifications menu at least one notification was on by default. I just turned the others on for now, to see what would happen, and the results were as noted above. If I missed a step somewhere it was not an obvious one.

Thanks!

You need to enable it for the car as well in the menu. And the car can't be asleep when you select the car, or the app crashes.

What do you mean? Maybe I missed something...

I had the same issue.

I also got a double notification for charging starting, and at the same time a double notification (incorrectly) for charging interrupted. And then no notification for charging completed.

For the same charge, Visible Tesla correctly sent just a Charge Started and Charge Completed notification.

What do you mean by "enable it for the car as well?" Under the notifications menu at least one notification was on by default. I just turned the others on for now, to see what would happen, and the results were as noted above. If I missed a step somewhere it was not an obvious one.

Thanks!

Alright, I deleted the app, reinstalled it, checked the other 2 boxes, and went to the car unplugged it (it was fully charged by that point) and re-plugged it in, nothing happened.

As I'm walking back into the kitchen, I get a notification that charge has completed. So I guess it does work, I'll try it some more today.