Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New red CA HOV Decal last until January 1, 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Fastpasses basically turn the carpool lane into a toll road. I think they are photo enforced. They'll probably get rid of them soon and go to pure photo billing like they have on the toll road in Orange County (they just bill by license plate number).
so
I would like magnetic sticker so I can take them off when I'm not using the HOV lanes. Which is most of the time.
is the front and rear bumper and rear quarter panels all steel?
afaik you need to have all 4 stickers installed to avoid getting a ticket.

I had to apply for new ones recently as my bumper was damaged and is getting replaced. I originally had the white stickers. I got my red stickers about a week ago and the expiration date is 1/1/22.

Cool. Basically says the reds are good till 2022 and somehow someway. We all should get replacement cards that will show a 2022 expiration.

Now i wonder how they will handle those who apply in 2019 and expire in 2023?

Another color? Rainbow colors all over the HOV?

That's weird ... doesn't he know Teslas can use HOV lane (why the insistence on stickers???)
Because not all Teslas can use the HOV lane. Only the ones who have applied for the CAV decals and paid the fee.

And no, not every Tesla may qualify based on the following:

DMV said:
For a vehicle purchased on or after January 1, 2018, the DMV cannot issue a CAV decal to an applicant who has received a consumer rebate through the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). An applicant whose gross annual income is above specified thresholds must choose between a CAV decal or a CVRP rebate.

Although the FAQ says battery vehicle and over income limit says CAV only and no rebate. Shrug.

Because not all Teslas can use the HOV lane. Only the ones who have applied for the CAV decals and paid the fee.

And no, not every Tesla may qualify based on the following:

Although the FAQ says battery vehicle and over income limit says CAV only and no rebate. Shrug.

Not correct. Everybody with a Tesla will get the HOV sticker, they may not always get the $2500 rebate.