Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3 SR+ collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi everyone, I hope you car will be delivery soon.

Regarding to my collection experiences, I hope that will be help for you.

Collection

I received the confirmation for the collection date about two weeks before collection vis email and no calls from Tesla.

Before two days of collection, got the call from Tesla to confirm the date and time and any questions about collection.

On the day of collection, I was arrived at an hour early than the booked time. I collected the car Heathrow service center. The collection building is the next of the Heathrow service center (Unit 7). It looks not very busy at that time, after check in and left all trade in documents to the reception then advice me to go through the door and stay at lounge for paper works. The staff will check with your driving license and all details of your cars such as reg number etc. it takes 20mins to finished the paper works and signature on the PC. That’s all done at this stage. After that we can joint the free join group presentation about how use the new cars. I missed it because gots two business calls during that time and when I came back the one of staff looking for me to collect the car. It was a group collection, we got three peoples together to collect the car which the car has been prepared and stop at front of the exit of the building.

The staff asked us to open/download the Tesla app on the phone. The app will ready and works at the time of collection. Open the app and the staff will help us to link to the new car and all setting. It's very quick and a little bit rushed as I didn’t got enough time to check the car carefully. After that, the owner can drive the car leaving the building and the collection finished. So if you got any question about the car issues, then better to ask the questions before collection.

First time Driving experience

As most of new owner opinions, the car looks perfect and modem, high-tech etc. it’s not really drive as normal cars as we had to change the driving habit, but the car is very easy to manage and drive.

I drive about 40 min and 30 miles back to the home. The range of the car was 89 miles left when I collect it. The car is very quiet and powerful for the start and a little bit noises on the motorway. But from personal views that is acceptable issues or you can buy something to reduce the noises. The big problem was the car didn’t come with floor mats even for the both boots. Don’t know for others, but for the SR+ does not.

Paints and other problems of car

Back to the home, I had check the car body carefully. I found a little problems of the paints around the car. I think all the new car of Tesla got same painting problems and that can be solved by an service appointment later. My car only got one serious problem that was the hit marks on the passenger side door. It’s looks like re-painting again before, but the marks still there and easy to find it by eyes. Will report to Tesla later and arrange service appointment to sort it out.

On the second day of long time driving, got warning msg on the dash board about the tries pressure low and the four tires indicated current got 40 PSI which I think it’s normal and don’t know why the warning msg came out. Probably it’s the problems of sensors, will check it at service center.

Overall, the new model 3 is perfect car that I have before and so love it at all. Its worth to buy and to drive for us. Much economic car and reduce the costs of trips and save pollution to the environment.

Will update with my car when I got any new experiences and if you got any question pls feel free to ask here.

Reactions: NorfolkMustard