Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New info from my Tesla 'dealer/genius'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the spoiler and other accents have the usual carbon fiber color/pattern, one might want to consider that in choosing the body color.

Yup, thus I'm sticking with white.... Or silver :smile:

I didn't even consider performance package would change the "signature" stuff, but I assume they'll have something nice worked out for the sigsports. I definitely want a lot of leather, and I'm ok with the carbon fiber since I didn't fancy any of their other interior choices (no brushed aluminum accents?)

Another interesting thing I heard (and I am wondering if anyone else heard this) is that the Betas consistently do 5.1.
Heard where? First I've heard of it and it's the kind of thing I think would have been leaked and spread pretty quickly. Plus, I'd think Tesla would have touted it themselves. I suppose it's also possible the Beta's aren't power draw limited and are draining battery life shortening levels of power.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much that tidbit is worth to be honest. We have no way of knowing how they have the Betas configured. It could be those are the performance ones that they are trying to get down to 4.4 -- though, since most engineers at the event didn't even know the performance version was coming, it COULD mean the 85kwh packs. Again though, they're betas, so they could weigh less, be configured for more drain like CK said or any number of other scenarios.

I took it with a grain of salt at the time. I hear what you're saying about it not being the finished product. Heck, I don't think the Betas had heat or AC. But when they announced option pricing and the number didn't change for the big battery pack, it got me thinking that they may be hedging to manage expectations.

Big Oil doesn't have to do anything. Legislators and rulemakers are doing so well on their own it doesn't need any help.

Here in Southern California, there seems to be a limitless supply of jaywalkers that have no trouble whatsoever getting run over by ordinary cars that can be heard two blocks away. (They obviously never played those old video games "Frogger" or "Pacific Coast Highway.")
So, are even today's fleet not noisy enough? Should *all* vehicles meet some caterwaul minimum?

At the same time, vehicle manufacturers are killing themselves trying to make their car cabin interiors as quiet as a whisper. Maybe some of you can recall Rolls Royce's boast that the loudest noise you would hear in their Phantom IV was "the ticking of the dashboard chronometer." Okay, most other cars aren't quite there yet.

Maybe someday bicycles will be *required* to have at least one, but no more than two playing cards inserted in their spokes. Maybe someday pedestrians must blow a regulation basketball coach's whistle every 20 steps.

The road to Hell is certainly being paved with their good intensions, and I don't want to be forced help them pave it and pay the toll, too, while we go.

--Ardie

batpod-tesla-grab.png

The Dark Knights BatPod was driven by the Tesla Roadster
Richard King won an Oscar for Achievement in Sound Editing earlier this year(2009) for his work on The Dark Knight. If you think this isn't something that qualifies as green car news, stick with us for a minute.
See, the sounds of the Batpod, that motorcycle-like machine gun platform that Batman rides in the movie are built, in part, from the sound of the Tesla Roadster.

I could live with that sound :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: