Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NET METERING; Four reasons "Net-Metering" is no longer our friend...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're more interested actually in debating than in anything else. Did I hit a nerve? Clearly net metering is a target of the utilities but as I've already spelled out there are two other ways to prevent solar from being installed on rooftops namely tax per kilowatt hour of panels and punitive connection charges. As I've spelled out these are not mutually exclusive and the utilities have tried them in varying combinations. Net metering is one of their favorite targets for sure. But they're not above using the other two approaches to achieve the same end.

The utilities are interested in preventing the disruptive technology of rooftop solar from destroying their Golden Goose monopoly. You have not even acknowledged that reality, and have done nothing to dissuade the argument that you are a shill for the utilities.

I reiterate my basic question to you which you have refused to answer across three posts to me. What is your point? What are you proposing as long term solutions? And why is it that you are so grid-centric? What's your problem with a decentralized grid?

So why such a focus on net metering?

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt
So why such a focus on net metering?
Omg! You are the OP on this thread complaining about net metering advancing many of the arguments of the utilities. I've already clarified that I see clawbacks on net metering as one of three strategies utilities are employing to derail the disruptive technology of rooftop solar. A basic point that you have not responded to yet at all!

Omg! You are the OP on this thread complaining about net metering advancing many of the arguments of the utilities. I've already clarified that I see clawbacks on net metering as one of three strategies utilities are employing to derail the disruptive technology of rooftop solar. A basic point that you have not responded to yet at all!

My point is we should STOP caring about net metering. They can derail solar without clawing back net metering just fine. Part of my OP is caring so much about preserving net metering is helping to derail solar. It’s becoming just a distraction. LOOK! You have net metering! Now ignore the $50 connection fee, demand charges and standby fees.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt