Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help getting PSEG-LI new TOU working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you figured out how to enter the new data for the new 194/195 rates from PSEG-Long Island? I’ve tried several time but the time is not flexible in the app and failed.

PSEG-LI now has 2 rate plans for Time Of Use, TOU. One plan is the 194 & the other plan is the 195. The 195 is design for EV with a Super Off-Peak, 10 pm - 6 am with a .0390/.0392 kWh depending on the season. The only got ya is the peak & regular off peak rates are higher than the 194 plan.

Older 180 accounts are being migrated over to these new rates slowly, but you can sign up to be migrated sooner. If the new plan doesn’t save you any money you can always be migrated back after one year to your previous residential 180 plan.

See the brochure for the new residential Time-Of-Day rates

I gave up too trying to create the new PSEG-Long Island 195 plan for EV. The trick that finally work was to use another plan that was time based for electric heat. Also, when you add a new TOU time slot the app will add an additional time slot, so just delete it and adjust the time and delete any new time slots that appears. As you do this the time slot will disappear & reappear. At first I was only able to add super off-peak from 12am to 6am however. It was suppose to be 10 pm to 6 am. I finally got up the nerve to see if I could add a 10 PM to 12 AM. I was successful in doing that knowing what I know about how to move the timeslot around.

Attachments

• IMG_2478.png
    IMG_2478.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2491.png
    IMG_2491.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: dusty22
How long after enrolling in the new plans (194/195) does it take for the new rates to apply?
It took about 1 week for them to change my rate plan. There was no notification to me that it was done, so you have to check your account to see if the new rate plan is listed.
Also, when I set up the TOU on the Tesla app the battery would charge to 100% and the battery was not used during off peak, it was used only during peak periods.
So, after reading a few forum threads here I found that I needed to adjusted my buy price 4 time higher than the sell price so now the battery is supplying energy during off peak when the solar is not generating. However, it’s still sending energy back to the grid. Therefore, you will have to tweak those setting so the system works as you desire.

Also, if you have an electric vehicle you have to be generating at least 1.5. Kw before the vehicle will start to charge.
The charge on solar option will only show up on the car menu when the car is plugged in, it will then show up on the app,

Thanks for the response. PSEG recommends the 195 plan for my usage, but I'm not sure if that would be best for me. I have a Model Y and a heat pump for heating/cooling. I have to go over the numbers again.

Not to worry, PSEG-Long Island will pay you the difference if within 1 year you paid more using either 194/195 plan and switch you back to your 180 plan. Also it helps to have a battery source/Powerwall if you do run equipment during the peak hours or any other time to shave the costly energy period.