Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Navigation on the iPhone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla partnered with Apple Maps, it is apparently no longer possible to plot out a trip which includes charging stations unless you’re sitting in the car. When you click on navigation within the iPhone Tesla app, it takes you out of the Tesla app and into Apple Maps. Here you can plan a route like you would in any other car but you can’t see when or where you will need to charge. This is a serious inconvenience when planning, for example, a long summer road trip. Is this an unintended (or intended?) consequence of the partnership with Apple Maps, or am I missing something?

I would try the following to see if it does remedy your issue:

1. Check your iOS version. Is it 17.4.1 ? If not, upgrade your iOS.
2. Check your Tesla app version, the latest version is 4.32.6. If yours is not up-to-date, then update it from the app store.
3. If at this point your problem still persists you can try to sign out and then sign in on the Tesla app
4. If at this point your problem still persists you can try to power your phone off and on
5. If at this point your problem still persists you can try to delete and reinstall the Tesla app

Hope this helps.
I have the same problem and already tried the 5 steps. It didn't help ...

Reactions: navguy12
Upvote 0
Something is not right here. Just for a test, I uninstalled Apple Maps from my iPhone, and the navigation in the Tesla App still functioned, i.e., the navigation was still shown within the Tesla app including charging stations. Something else in your iPhone settings might be off

Upvote 0