Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National network of approved installers for after-market Model S mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rick, I would be interested on the installer side for our company. As you know, we did one of your Lighted "T" in the beginning, and I don't think it's a true DIY for the masses.

The rear T is definitely not a DIY.

I think if the cost is fair for the installation, a shop like mine would be part of the network. In the end, our company warranties everything we do...we're old-fashioned that way and have been doing it this way for 20 years.

I wouldn't want to sit and wait for approval from a 3rd party if I ever have an issue with the part, the manner I was told to install it, and just simple warranty issues. This will also add to the final cost of the part as the 3rd party company will now have a hand in the cookie jar.

IMHO, your best bet might be to seek out strategic partners that you personally go and meet, like audio/video guys that specialize or show an interest in Teslas. Even detailers like me that specialize in Teslas are a good fit. Reason being, we take apart Teslas all the time to do clear bra, tint, dash cams, mobileye, K40, etc. We know our way around a Tesla since we've made conscious decision to tailor our services around them. If you search enough, and I could help, I can turn you on to the professionals around the country specializing in Tesla services like myself. We're a growing group and have extremely high standards.

Hope that makes sense.

Artsci -- Thanks for your efforts. At this rate, Tesla will have to bring you on board! Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to see your Model S in person one day - it must be quite the sight.

That you're in NoVa makes that highly likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Rick, I would be interested on the installer side for our company. As you know, we did one of your Lighted "T" in the beginning, and I don't think it's a true DIY for the masses.

The rear T is definitely not a DIY.

I think if the cost is fair for the installation, a shop like mine would be part of the network. In the end, our company warranties everything we do...we're old-fashioned that way and have been doing it this way for 20 years.

I wouldn't want to sit and wait for approval from a 3rd party if I ever have an issue with the part, the manner I was told to install it, and just simple warranty issues. This will also add to the final cost of the part as the 3rd party company will now have a hand in the cookie jar.

IMHO, your best bet might be to seek out strategic partners that you personally go and meet, like audio/video guys that specialize or show an interest in Teslas. Even detailers like me that specialize in Teslas are a good fit. Reason being, we take apart Teslas all the time to do clear bra, tint, dash cams, mobileye, K40, etc. We know our way around a Tesla since we've made conscious decision to tailor our services around them. If you search enough, and I could help, I can turn you on to the professionals around the country specializing in Tesla services like myself. We're a growing group and have extremely high standards.

Hope that makes sense.

Fully understand but I have neither the time nor expertise to put together a network myself. But I suppose it would be easy to add installers to that network that Model S owners support and endorse. You'd fall into that category I'm sure.

That you're in NoVa makes that highly likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Fully understand but I have neither the time nor expertise to put together a network myself. But I suppose it would be easy to add installers to that network that Model S owners support and endorse. You'd fall into that category I'm sure.

Thanks Rick...crossing my fingers, hopefully we'll be an official sponsor here soon. We've been heavily involved in our Tesla community here in SoCal, and have received excellent support. We are basically a Porsche and Tesla shop. I'd rather be an expert in a few cars, than try and blanket the whole automotive marketplace. Both brands are dear to me because of the people who started them and what they believe in. I'm inspired daily by these cars and am lucky enough to get paid for doing what I love.

Count me in if you ever decide to make a formal list of installers!!!

Thanks Rick...crossing my fingers, hopefully we'll be an official sponsor here soon. We've been heavily involved in our Tesla community here in SoCal, and have received excellent support. We are basically a Porsche and Tesla shop. I'd rather be an expert in a few cars, than try and blanket the whole automotive marketplace. Both brands are dear to me because of the people who started them and what they believe in. I'm inspired daily by these cars and am lucky enough to get paid for doing what I love.

Count me in if you ever decide to make a formal list of installers!!!

I definitely want to go ahead with this and you can count being on the list.