Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My visit to the beta in Florida today (small new piece of info)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toyota (and Lexus as far as I know) locks out almost everything on the display when it senses the vehicle is moving over 5mph. The only (nav) buttons that remain active are the compas heading mode, the tripcounter display mode, zoom, and your favorite locations. It's incredibly annoying. You also get the warning message to not do anything stupid while driving for 10 seconds before using the nav.

166.147.112.181 - - [29/Jan/2012:12:17:49 -0500] "GET /ronnie HTTP/1.1" 404 283 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.517.44 Safari/534.7"

Here's what I can tell from that:

- The 3G is through Cingular (AT&T)
- They are using a very old version of the Chrome web browser
- The web browser is running on Linux, through X-Windows
- The CPU is an i686

Went to a domain of mine today on one of the betas and here's the current user agent string:

198.228.200.25 - - [13/Jun/2012:13:47:34 -0400] "GET /images/splash2.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 37933 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.517.44 Safari/534.7"

So, the user agent does not look to have changed at all, nor does the carrier (the IP's hostname is nycmspsrvz1ts111-dmz.mycingular.net). So I think that about locks it in that we're sticking with AT&T

Went to a domain of mine today on one of the betas and here's the current user agent string:

So, the user agent does not look to have changed at all, nor does the carrier (the IP's hostname is nycmspsrvz1ts111-dmz.mycingular.net). So I think that about locks it in that we're sticking with AT&T
Great sleuthing. AT&T is supposedly going to have family data plans like Verizon just announced yesterday. Though I hope AT&T's are much better in terms of pricing (not holding my breath). I guess the Model S will qualify as a "data device". Verizon charges $10 per month for that in their new plans (assuming it sharing your bandwidth cap).

This qualifies as "reverse engineering"! No soup...er...warranty for you! :)