Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Reus sound system install: Photos and comments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how the Reus system sounds with lossy sources such as Bluetooth and FM HD? I have the standard system and the soundstage is shallow but I don't want to shell out the money if it lossy sources sound the same because I don't listen to many FLACS, WAVS, etc.

I have noticed an improvement with everything, including FM (HD FM), MP3, etc. The sound stage is much improved, though of course to get the full benefit one should use lossless source material. The biggest improvement comes from replacing the two tweeters and adding the third tweeter behind the rear-view mirror.

Hi all. I live and work near Studio City. I had Cliff come up and install the 2S system for my Model S, and I love it! I knew right away that it sounded dynamic and full with a broad soundstage, but like all things, I became used to it after a couple of months. I took my Model S to Tesla service yesterday to get rid of "knuckle junk" in the steering components (yes, that's a real term from the Service Center), and I got another Model S loaner, almost identical to mine. Boy did I realize what I was missing. It sounded absolutely dreadful - my wife noticed it, too.

Reus knows what they're doing - trust your car to them, you won't regret it.
I'm familiar with Reus and their MBZ installs, and it sounds like their Tesla system is just as good.

Does it make more sense to start with the standard sound and let Reus perform their magic, or is there a benefit to upgrading to Tesla high fidelity sound and then Reus layers on top of that? Trying to determine what to order with my new D. Thanks!

I asked Cliff that question about the D. He said the sound of the Reus system would be even better with Tesla's high end option.

Thanks. I emailed Cliff but haven't heard back yet.

My budget is tight for the audio so I'm considering two options:

A) Tesla's audio upgrade for $2,500.

OR

B) Start with Tesla standard sound system and install a Reus for $3,000 (assuming the $3,000 noted in these forums is starting from the standard sound system level).

Any insights or opinions are welcome! I'll also talk to Cliff about it. Cheers and thanks so much!

OR

B) Start with Tesla standard sound system and install a Reus for $3,000 (assuming the $3,000 noted in these forums is starting from the standard sound system level).

Any insights or opinions are welcome! I'll also talk to Cliff about it. Cheers and thanks so much!

Keep us posted. Cliff's always out and about doing installs, so it might take a while for a reply. If I get another S, I'm planning on skipping the sound upgrade this time around (seeing as it's 2.5x higher than what I paid) and letting Reus work their magic.

- - - Updated - - -

OR

Rammer91, have you decide on the audio. I have standard sound for about a month now, and at first, I was kind of regret I didn't get the Tesla audio upgrade. However, my co-workers, one with standard sound + Reus, and one with Tesla audio upgrade. My hearing experience is that it isn't that big of a difference unless you have a trained ears, and believe it or not, the Audio FILE FORMAT makes a huge different.

Now, some people look for power, and if you are looking for power, the Tesla audio upgrade does have power, but still lack of bass.

The standard audio with Reus still lack of power but the bass hits hard.

For me, I installed a $200 10" subwoofer and I am satisfied.

Hi, I hope I am not hijacking this thread, but I figured this would be the easiest way to touch base with the right experts.

A couple of months ago, I started noticing intermittent speaker interference (the kind I get when my cell phone is next to my alarm clock radio at home). This didn't happen before the REUS upgrade, but quite a few months afterwards. Even when stereo is on mute, the interference sound continues. It happens no matter where I place my cell phones.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
thanks in advance!

It sounds like the phone signal is getting fed back into the amp. It's actually fairly easy to fix by installing a few ferrite beads in the proper locations on the speaker wire. I haven't had this problem with my Reus system. I had a similar problem with a USB headphone DAC though.

I have had this problem on a stock premium audio system with P85D once - when my wife's iphone had switched into 2g mode (att). It only happened once since we have had it - but the cell phone coverage here in Boston is fairly good. In fact when we picked up our car the gentleman that did our walkthrough said that could happen and would be most noticed if a phone was placed on the shelf directly below the 17inch screen. Did you change providers and/or phones recently? I think if the phone is in 3g/LTE mode it won't exhibit this behavior.