Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Longtime lurker on this site, first time poster. I’ve had my 2015 85D for 3 years now and finally decided to trade it in for a P100D. Took delivery last Tuesday at service center in Cincinnati and took it straight to a local shop to get windows tinted and Xpel stealth paint protection. Literally took it straight there, the car has 27 miles on it, but it’s been 8 days now without it so I’ve been impatiently waiting to get to pick it up and finally have fun with it. Just got a call this afternoon that it’ll be ready to pick up tomorrow morning. It’s like Christmas Eve for me, haha. The guy wrapping it sent me a teaser photo today, looks awesome!

Attachments

• 9CEE3C41-1F55-42A2-A3D1-C587B6B13AE6.jpeg
    9CEE3C41-1F55-42A2-A3D1-C587B6B13AE6.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 115
Thanks man, as I said I’ve been a Model S owner for 3 years now, but I’m excited about this upgrade. The app shows I still don’t have version 9 yet, presumably because it hasn’t been connected to WiFi all week at the shop... but that’s where my questions may stem from once I get the upgrade. Been reading comments on here and know most are negative on it, but I’ve been without a model s for over a week now, so I’m thrilled just to get one back!

Thanks man, as I said I’ve been a Model S owner for 3 years now, but I’m excited about this upgrade. The app shows I still don’t have version 9 yet, presumably because it hasn’t been connected to WiFi all week at the shop... but that’s where my questions may stem from once I get the upgrade. Been reading comments on here and know most are negative on it, but I’ve been without a model s for over a week now, so I’m thrilled just to get one back!

Sorry, somehow when writing my comment I completely forgot you already have owned a MS. Don't feel bad I dont have V9 on ANY of my MS and my P100D and wife's 85D are connected to the same WiFi and my P85D is now "owned" by my parents and it connected to WiFi at their home and none of the cars have received the update...But I guess you have more to be looking forward to like the dash cam feature my P100D is a AP 2.0 and not 2.5 so I shouldn't be stressing so much.

How much is the xpel stealth wrap costing? I'd love to get that done on my P100D.
It was about $8000 for me, but I’ve seen others on here say they’ve gotten it done for around $6500. Mine was likely more because I had them do ceramic pro coating on top of the Xpel. They’re also doing window treatment and the coating the wheels as well for me. He threw in ceramic coat on my interior as well since I have the white interior package. Didn’t seem like a bad deal.

He called and said it won’t be ready till tomorrow though, so I have one more day

• Informative
Reactions: jaguar36
It was about $8000 for me, but I’ve seen others on here say they’ve gotten it done for around $6500. Mine was likely more because I had them do ceramic pro coating on top of the Xpel. They’re also doing window treatment and the coating the wheels as well for me. He threw in ceramic coat on my interior as well since I have the white interior package. Didn’t seem like a bad deal.

He called and said it won’t be ready till tomorrow though, so I have one more day

Can't wait to see some more pictures!