Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My New Model S by Soflauthor (First 24 Hours and then 1 week later...)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could be right, but I hoped the frunk surround would come out in pieces or all at once and reveal all of the interior of the front of the car. Boy, I am gonna go CRAZY with a screwdriver/wrench/torx when I get my car!

I posted in another thread that I saw a Model S with the frunk fairings removed at the Fremont factory when my friend took delivery. It certainly seemed as if there was enough access behind the nosecone to do something like mount a transponder.

I posted in another thread that I saw a Model S with the frunk fairings removed at the Fremont factory when my friend took delivery. It certainly seemed as if there was enough access behind the nosecone to do something like mount a transponder.

I was at the Santana store today and if you poke your finger in the front frunk latch you can touch the backside of the bumper. This is the black pieces next to the Tesla "T" emblem. I'd imagine if you could touch that far in front from the trunk latch, that whole area must be accessible once the plastic trim is removed.