Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 was attacked in my drive way.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much like the title says, my wife and I were at home on Friday, the weekend of memorial day and we heard our car alarm going off and we came out to a naked man stomping through our glass roof. Tragically it appears we will be out our Tesla, we are working with our homeowners insurance hoping they will cover it, our car insurance won't help us. If anyone is curious the estimate to repair the car came in at $44,000.

20230526_161107.jpg20230526_161100.jpg20230526_161109.jpg20230526_161109.jpg

Attachments

• 20230526_183300.jpg
    20230526_183300.jpg
    894.6 KB · Views: 332
I am sorry to hear about your car. I'm assuming based on your description of the person , he may be mentally challenged or going thru some mental issues. Mentally challenged people are doing weird things - damaging property, throwing things at people and wrong things with guns. I am not sure how you will address this damages, suggest contact a lawyer so see if there is any leeway with the insurance company as getting any money from a mentally ill person is not possible.

I am sorry to hear about your car. I'm assuming based on your description of the person , he may be mentally challenged or going thru some mental issues. Mentally challenged people are doing weird things - damaging property, throwing things at people and wrong things with guns. I am not sure how you will address this damages, suggest contact a lawyer so see if there is any leeway with the insurance company as getting any money from a mentally ill person is not possible.
The guy was high and having a nasty trip.

We cut down to store the car for the next 4 months.... about 2 weeks before this happend -_-
Interesting... I've used "storage" option on my insurance when not driving for long time...
Haven't read the details of policy but i thought it covered everything besides driving n didn't have to be sitting in actual Storage... just parked n not driven.

Reactions: SO16 and MP3Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.