Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is App setting off my alarm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So alarm on my model 3 goes off in the middle of the night , 3 times about an hour in between rack setting off. I give it a drive round the block , with windows open incase it’s a fly. It goes off again, 20 minuets later. I then drive it to work at 4pm and get a taxi home . No false alarms for 2 days so I bring it home. I go out for some dinner with the wife and my new neighbours , I had mackerel. Walked fairly close to it as we came home, car was on the other side of the street , 5 minutes later. Alarm is going off. WTF . Is this an app problem?
So The first night my window was open and the car was just outside. Also both our apps are logged in as the same person. We have now turned our apps off. Turned Bluetooth off and Wi-Fi off our phones

As mentioned it’s quite possibly a fly or, as was setting mine off occasionally on one occasion, a spider.

An air conditioning cleaner bomb type thing from the likes of Halfords will also rectify if it is a bug, with the added bonus of leaving the car smelling sweetly. They’re not expensive, I keep one in the garage for just such circumstances.

Reactions: init6
I can't think of a failure mode that would trigger the alarm from the app. If you do a search on here then I'm sure you'll see most if not all false alerts are caused by insects. However if you report it to Tesla I think they can tell what sensor triggered the alarm. If it's the internal sensor then it will be a fly or some other insect.