Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3’s First MOT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The garage was part of a very prominent chain in the UK and had a rolling road, so was surprised when they went off with it.

Ours gave a reason for not using brake tester. Can’t remember exactly but I think they were avoiding potential issues with turning the wheels against the will of the car - similar to needing to use dolly’s if being towed.

I don’t think it would be a major concern for a short period (if everything worked as it should) but I can’t blame them for avoiding potential issues and just doing a basic road test.

When our MCU failed, everyone involved including Tesla, refused to move the car without dolly’s as they could not be sure that everything was free to move (ie transport mode). Easy to see why someone would not want to risk getting in that situation especially with inexperienced staff/potential oversight.

• Informative
Reactions: Medved_77
My tester didn't want to use the pucks.. he used the bottom ball joints to lift the front and only at my insistence used the pucks on the rear.. he said the rubber pads were good enough and spread the weight.. I'm glad I stood with him for the whole test.
The headlights were too high so I did the standard reset... still too high.. they had to go down about 3 notches.. maybe its due to the winter tyres? But I now feel they're too low!! I had the same Tapley meter in the car park as the others.

Reactions: CWT3LR