Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decent MOT in the North East

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 4 year old M3P is due its 2nd MOT. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good garage in the North East? Ideally Durham area? I took it to Kwikfit last year and, despite them saying they were fully EV-trained, it was clear the tester didn't know his way around a Model 3, struggled with brake testing, how to lift car safely etc, and just didn't fill me with confidence. Luckily no mishaps at the time!

Anybody, please?
Any garage MOT setup can have a shoddy worker on board so I wouldn't worry about a sample size of 1. 99% of posts about MOTs on the forum seem to suggest it is no longer a big deal. Certainly several people have used KwikFit and been quite happy... of course they're franchises so one being good or bad doesn't necessarily apply to others. If I were you I would just check out my nearest MOT garage and ask ... and if you can't find one then go back to KwikFit and see if the guy who didn't impress has moved on!

Reactions: mrkwats
Any garage MOT setup can have a shoddy worker on board so I wouldn't worry about a sample size of 1. 99% of posts about MOTs on the forum seem to suggest it is no longer a big deal. Certainly several people have used KwikFit and been quite happy... of course they're franchises so one being good or bad doesn't necessarily apply to others. If I were you I would just check out my nearest MOT garage and ask ... and if you can't find one then go back to KwikFit and see if the guy who didn't impress has moved on!
I’m thinking exactly the same thing tbh, thanks 👍

Shout out to Kwikfit Washington for the MOT this morning. Despite me having a checklist the tester knew exactly what he was doing (having done quite a few over the last year). Had their own pucks for jacking car (although it was lifted on a flatbed), and knew not to put car on rolling brake tester, rather use simple Decelerometer in passenger footwell for the brake tests. All done in 40 mins and tester even let me have a look under car when up a height :)

Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
Also had an MOT at Kwikfit today. Passed with no advisories however they did provide a supplementary vehicle health check:

1709746344239.png

Quite shocked that all 4 tyres are wearing evenly, will have to confirm that myself at some point. Probably should have told them that the spare tyre is kept in the loft :)