Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR with Induction Wheels / SoCal driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

epmadsen

Supporting Member
Aug 31, 2023
Redondo Beach
Ive got a 2023 MYLR with induction wheels. It’s almost 1 year old, and just about to pass over 24k miles. I’ve been driving on the stock Continental tires, which are fine, but I’m about ready to switch to something else. I drive primarily in Southern California, lots of highway & city driving.

Previously have always had good luck with Michelin, and was thinking about the Pilot Sport 4s.

A friend of mine who has several Teslas says any of the acoustic tires are worth it and I should get them. The only one on Michelin’s site is listed as the 255/40 R20 101Y AO ACOUSTIC,BSW (MSPN: 26672).

Yet I can’t seem to find this exact tire at Costco / America’s Tire / etc.

Maybe this is old news, but I noticed there were other Michelin tires that are labeled as T1/T2. Are those available for the MY or only for specific models (like Model S)? And if so - where?

Another friend of mine (Previously Tesla now BMW) doesn’t see the benefit of the acoustic / foam tires.

Are there other tires that are equally or more preferred than what I listed?

And ultimately what is everyone's preferred tire place for Tesla? Several friends say America’s Tire (which I’ve shopped at for years with previous cars/trucks). But unsure if they don’t have specific Tesla tire listed - can they order them or is there a better joint at which to shop?

Thanks!