Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did notice a few more issues as I was cleaning up the car today.

I did manage to somewhat isolate the key fob issue though. I swapped to the other key fob and the issue goes away. My defective fob would randomly open the door and the car would never lock itself when I went inside. I believe its range is off and the car thinks that fob is closer than it is. I moved the faulty fob to the other side of the house and only use the other fob that came with the car and everything is much, much better. I'm going to ask for the SC to either get me a new fob or reprogram this one.

I found scratches on the inside part of where the FWD opens on both sides. They're basically white lines where I can see that the paint got rubbed off. I'm hoping that it stops at where it's at and doesn't keep eating deeper into the base coat. I would rather them not align the doors again to try to fix this. In fact, I almost doubt they'll be able to. Maybe a flat piece of PPF on each side would help me out enough with that. It's past where the PFF ends, so I'm inclined to leave it alone as long as it doesn't get worse.

IMG_0841.jpeg

Is that a Graco Nautilus in the backseat? I’ve got the same one, also in the back. :)
It’s actually the turbo back highbooster. It has a slightly slimmer profile now that my son is using the seatbelt instead of the harness.

I am experimenting with it in the third row because I found out the hard way a critical difference in the 6 seater vs the 7 seater loaner. The bench seats have a different fitting buckle.

The captains chair is too small for the booster. Well I should say the bolstering makes it so the seat is to flush and my son can’t easily unbuckle himself which is super important for dropping him off at kindergarten in the mornings.

The third row is fine, but I don’t know if I really like it back there yet. I can’t fold down and third row seat, otherwise my son can’t unbuckle himself back there either. I need to figure something out. My wife is on the lookout for an even narrower booster but I’m not sure one exists to solve my issue

It’s actually the turbo back highbooster. It has a slightly slimmer profile now that my son is using the seatbelt instead of the harness.

I am experimenting with it in the third row because I found out the hard way a critical difference in the 6 seater vs the 7 seater loaner. The bench seats have a different fitting buckle.

The captains chair is too small for the booster. Well I should say the bolstering makes it so the seat is to flush and my son can’t easily unbuckle himself which is super important for dropping him off at kindergarten in the mornings.

The third row is fine, but I don’t know if I really like it back there yet. I can’t fold down and third row seat, otherwise my son can’t unbuckle himself back there either. I need to figure something out. My wife is on the lookout for an even narrower booster but I’m not sure one exists to solve my issue

We have Diono Radians for the twins who are almost 3. They fit anywhere due to their narrow footprint (we got them to fit 3 across in my wife’s XC 90) so they are perfect for the captains chairs. Our 6 year old still fits well in them, and they have a high back.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasRat
@TexasRat The cream w blue looks gorgeous. I liked the light decor, but couldn't get it with my blue and white interior. Congrats on having most of the major issues sorted, and hope you will have that A/C sorted out soon!
Thanks! Though I don't have A/C issues. You might be thinking about @spectrum in his post about his A/C. My unit is amazing :D (knock on wood)

Last thing I really have is a faulty key fob and a minor scratches on FWD closing (I need to monitor this to make sure it doesn't get worse).

That cream and oak is gorgeous, we went with white and carbon fiber because I hadn't seen the cream in person before submitting, and because on Model S it has the stupid light colored floor and mats, but it was later explained that the Model X doesn't have this same flaw.
Yes I don't know why there are cream carpets and interior below the dash. That's just too hard to keep clean for sure! I am very happy they kept those black in the X.