Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY arrived two days early and.....WOW!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was a different experience altogether. My originally scheduled pickup date was Thursday but they called me this morning said the car was in and would I like to pick it up today. My wife and I drove out to the SC and as we pulled up in 18 degree (F) temperatures, there was my white MY sitting out front. A few dirt stains along the side and frozen ice around the tires and fenders. I figured I would get a quick tour in the freezing cold and be on my way. Wrong.

My car was actually inside the SC in a specially designed heated room with tables, chairs, charging station, hot coffee and snacks. The SA took her time, walked us through everything and since we were inside, no one was rushing just to avoid the freezing cold. My wife needed a lot more information on the car than I did and since she gets cold when it dips below 50F, she would never have lasted outside. After a 40 minute tour, the showroom doors opened and we pulled out of the room and off we went. We both felt great about the whole experience and its not one that I'm used to getting at the Ford dealership. Nice job, Tesla!

In SoCal we were sent to a local parking structure to the delivery center with zero interaction from a tesla employee other than on the way out to collect our signed dmv documents. (3 floors of a medium sized parking structure with cars being delivered every 3rd space).

It was actually quite amazing how many cars were being delivered and the rate at which they were replenishing the empty spaces with new cars to be delivered.

In SoCal we were sent to a local parking structure to the delivery center with zero interaction from a tesla employee other than on the way out to collect our signed dmv documents. (3 floors of a medium sized parking structure with cars being delivered every 3rd space).

It was actually quite amazing how many cars were being delivered and the rate at which they were replenishing the empty spaces with new cars to be delivered.
As we pulled out, we passed a Tesla car carrier with 8 new Teslas pulling in. Our SA told us that she alone has been delivering 2 new Teslas to their owners per hour from 10-6 every day since Late November. Business is brisk.

@NYCentral, I had the same experience in Wexford. My MY was waiting all the paperwork was ready, I went through my checklist and nothing, no flaws whatsoever, the car is pretty much perfect. I'm very pleased with the process and can't be happier. What a breath of fresh air compare to a normal car buying experience.
Came home, installed the screen protector and matte black console wrap. Took it for a 50 mile drive to check for any issues but everything is ok....