Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY 2024 Refresh - Project Juniper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a U.S. Juniper Y launch in the next 6 months is likely, due to the fact that the Model 3 and Model Y have always shared over 50% of their parts. The parts suppliers for the Highland 3 have been in mass production for over 6 months now in Asia and now the U.S., so Tesla could migrate the Y to Juniper to leverage the common parts supply between 3 and Y, while simultaneously getting a bunch of new orders from all the people who drove the Model 3 Highland and are now waiting for the Y Refresh. Tesla could even start the early Y testing on the production lines in Austin, while Fremont continues to churn out the current Y in high numbers.
Considering the super low interest rate they just put out on the Y.... this looks likely.

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
Considering the super low interest rate they just put out on the Y.... this looks likely.
Initially, Elon said the Juniper definitely wouldn't come out this year. Then after the disastrous financial report, he said he was going to accelerate plans on the current line up. Does that mean Juniper will come out this year? Probably not, but it may come out sooner than April 2025.

The current financing incentive is very attractive, especially in today's economy.

This will leave people contemplating if they should get the current Y or wait for the refresh. If you're happy with what the current Y offers then it's a no brainer to order now and lock in 0.99%. If you choose to wait for the refresh, there's no guaranteeing that the incentives will be just as good as they have been this year. I'm personally going to be waiting for the refresh but buying now is a smart decision.

The current financing incentive is very attractive, especially in today's economy.

This will leave people contemplating if they should get the current Y or wait for the refresh. If you're happy with what the current Y offers then it's a no brainer to order now and lock in 0.99%. If you choose to wait for the refresh, there's no guaranteeing that the incentives will be just as good as they have been this year. I'm personally going to be waiting for the refresh but buying now is a smart decision.
I think the end of quarter discounts might be the better deal…of course 0.99% + the end of quarter discounts would be better still…at that rate, I’d finance the car too.

True. M3 doesn’t have it.
But is it aluminum or a sticker or transparent wrap/cover over the suede and edges …ie. a new product peelable wrap for shipping, arrives at SC and then removed alongside seat plastic, steering wheel plastic etc 🤷🏽‍♂️

True. M3 doesn’t have it.
But is it aluminum or a sticker or transparent wrap/cover over the suede and edges …ie. a new product peelable wrap for shipping, arrives at SC and then removed alongside seat plastic, steering wheel plastic etc 🤷🏽‍♂️
It’s not protective film. This could either be a newer version of the center console for Highland or it really could be the console for Juniper.

Reactions: Destiny1701