Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2021 Model 3 Died After Drive Unit Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 Tesla Model 3 STANDARD died today after pulling out the driveway of my kids daycare. I was lucky that the dump truck I pulled in front of did not plow me down.

I'm trying to defend Tesla and tell my wife that it is a reliable car. However, it is indefensible when the vehicle fails so suddenly in traffic. I'm venting here, but seriously, there is a big problem with Tesla service when a vehicle that is supposed to have a "new drive unit" just craps out on the road 3 weeks after replacement (picked up on Sep 29th and failed today, Oct. 19th).

QUESTION: how many failures does it take before I can reasonably request a replacement? Is the issue the car or the service? I don't know because Tesla lacks that human touch. What is Elon's plan to address this issue?

:mad:

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
As a Tesla owner who has faced significant issues, I am reaching out to fellow Tesla users who have experienced similar high-cost failures. My own journey with Tesla has been fraught with challenges, including a BMS_a170 (AKA power limited typically related to motor circuitry), failure, and the replacement of two motors. The second motor failure occurred just one month after the first replacement due to an installation issue, leaving my car disabled on the road. This experience has highlighted the need for accountability and reliability in the vehicles we trust.

I am compiling an open letter to Congress to address these recurring problems and seek a solution that ensures better support for Tesla owners. If you have faced multiple high-cost failures, whether under warranty or not, I urge you to share your story with me. Your experiences are crucial in demonstrating the widespread nature of these issues and the impact they have on Tesla owners.

Together, we can bring attention to these problems and push for changes that will benefit all Tesla users. Please join me in this effort by sharing your story and helping us create a stronger, more reliable future for electric vehicle owners.