Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Road Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had both - my X came with Michelin "summer" tires and the road noise was very objectionable. I switched to Conti-Silent's "all-season" and they are much better. Since my X is leased, when the Conti's wear out, near the end of the lease, I'll put the Michelin's back on when I turn it in.

The level of noise on the freeway is unacceptably loud! We don't use it anywhere for more than an hour tops because it drives us nuts! I have an early vin 3xx Model X Sig with the larger wheels. Will try taking it back to them, because my son complained of cold drafts last time we drove back from San Francisco. definitely not ideal. You can't hear each other with radio off in the cabin interior. I think interior noise must be touching 80 db Have a 2014 Lexus LX 570 which is much much quieter in the cabin on the freeway. This is not road noise, but wind noise from poorly aligned top and body. Debating whether to trade it in for a newer model X or a mercedes GLS since I need a 7 seater. My husbands Model S from 2015 is appreciably quieter as a P85D with larger sport wheels and all, though it does make the kids much more car sick and does not truly seat 7 despite the jump seats. Is the model 3 quieter? That may do for me since we do have the lexus. When my X was in the shop, had a top end Range Rover for a month or so as a loaner, and that was loud in the cabin at fwy speeds.

The level of noise on the freeway is unacceptably loud! We don't use it anywhere for more than an hour tops because it drives us nuts!

I have a ~1500 VIN with 20 inch wheels.It's acceptable now since they have replaced every seal in the windows and the FWDs. I might have a bit of a draft in the driver FWD seal but it's fairly small. I think if you work with the SC they can remove these leaks for you.

Having said that the road noise is still a bit more than I would like but it's doable. Nothing like what you are reporting.