Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In what sense is @electronblue not a troll ?

Infact I'm calling out in every thread the same trollish cr*p he writes. It is a very familiar theme for those of us who track anti-Tesla care bears.

This is a thread about a particular EAP release. What has demand levers, FSD price reduction or increase got to do with it ? How else would a paid (or someone working for a competitor) troll behave ?

@EVNow is a troll! I am tired of reading of his cr*p messages in all threads. If EVNow had purchased his Model 3 with a MCU1, he would understand why some of us not not pleased with the promises that were made and then broken. All Tesla needs to do is allow us to upgrade to MCU2 as Elon said we could. We would then be able to get the new features that will not work on MCU1 Teslas.

I do not believe that ElectronBlue is working for a competitor and neither am I. We both purchased Telsas with the belief that we would get FSD features that will be released in the near future. From what I have read, MCU1 Teslas will not be able to use most of the new features in V10.

EVNow if you cannot appreciate why some of us are not happy with broken promises, you should stop reading TMC. Most of our responses are due to people like you sending cr*p our way. Stop bashing us and we will stop replying to your messages.

This is a thread about a particular EAP release. What has demand levers, FSD price reduction or increase got to do with it ?

That is because with Tesla these days it is never just about ”a particular [Early Access Program] release”. Most things are intertwined with past promises, quarterly schedules and the role the famous CEO plays in all it etc. V10 and early FSD owners especially so, given the list of changing promises we have received from Tesla starting in March. These things play into the motivations and plans of Tesla — and what the owners are owed of course too.

I simply follow where the topic goes. In this thread Early Access and its availability or lack thereof for early FSD owners is a significant element of V10 roll-out — indeed including the FSD price question by Tesla’s and Elon’s own actions in early March and again during the summer.

In the other firmware thread where you protested, I provided my views to a newer Tesla owner @diplomat33 about what I think the Elon tweet he brought up means and what we can expect regarding the V10 release schedule. Again without this history we can not meaningfully analyze what Elon’s words mean in my view. Elon’s motivations and history matter in reading him as accurately as possible.

None of us are perfect of course, not myself either, in staying 100% on-topic. But my goal is to always provide meaningful commentary and judging by the response at least many members can see that. I would hope you could too and simply state your disagreements and evolve the conversation from there.

It is a very familiar theme for those of us who track anti-Tesla care bears. ... How else would a paid (or someone working for a competitor) troll behave ?

This is your mistake, you look at everything from a stock owner perspective. My views are one of experience with Tesla car ownership. They are not rare views, but not because of any anti-Tesla goals but genuine sentiments and views that have grown over time for a reason.

As for payment you got it the wrong way: I paid Tesla for the AP2 treatment I’ve gotten like so many. Unfortunately I haven’t been paid anything by anyone related to Teslas or cars for that matter. :)

Last edited:
I’m not sure I agree it was easy to see FSD differentiating features would have been BS back in 2016-2017. Back then EAP was supposed to be 4 cameras and FSD 8 cameras so any 8 camera feature was supposed to be for FSD pack.

That was a perfectly logical thing to expect and believe Musk/Tesla.

But, again it's a question of what would be offered.

What's the functional deliverable?

The 4 versus 8 cameras was something I glanced over as simply being what was required for the Job. Where it made sense that EAP would require only 4, and FSD would require all 8.

Most of the theories regarding what the camera related deliverable would be for FSD were the "throw FSD owners a bone" kind of thing where they had nothing to do with FSD. Theories like dash cam, live camera selection, etc.

Some people said they would be used for safety like collision avoidance, but that didn't make sense as Tesla is pretty consistent with including safety related stuff as standard.

At no time until the packages were realigned did I feel like there was an actual plausible deliverable where it was clearly defined as to what we were getting.

But, again it's a question of what would be offered.

What's the functional deliverable?

The 4 versus 8 cameras was something I glanced over as simply being what was required for the Job. Where it made sense that EAP would require only 4, and FSD would require all 8.

Most of the theories regarding what the camera related deliverable would be for FSD were the "throw FSD owners a bone" kind of thing where they had nothing to do with FSD. Theories like dash cam, live camera selection, etc.

Some people said they would be used for safety like collision avoidance, but that didn't make sense as Tesla is pretty consistent with including safety related stuff as standard.

At no time until the packages were realigned did I feel like there was an actual plausible deliverable where it was clearly defined as to what we were getting.

Anything that would have been beyond the EAP description (Enhanced Autopilot) and standard safety features would have been FSD. I would opine this was a widely held belief in 2016 so not just me.

Stop sign recognition and automated stopping would be an example of a feature beyond EAP and standard safety, but also beneath autonomous Level 5 FSD so could be delivered earlier. I guess we will get that at some point but back then something like this was expected in 3-6 months...

Last edited:
@EVNow is a troll! I am tired of reading of his cr*p messages in all threads. If EVNow had purchased his Model 3 with a MCU1, he would understand why some of us not not pleased with the promises that were made and then broken. All Tesla needs to do is allow us to upgrade to MCU2 as Elon said we could. We would then be able to get the new features that will not work on MCU1 Teslas.

I do not believe that ElectronBlue is working for a competitor and neither am I. We both purchased Telsas with the belief that we would get FSD features that will be released in the near future. From what I have read, MCU1 Teslas will not be able to use most of the new features in V10.

EVNow if you cannot appreciate why some of us are not happy with broken promises, you should stop reading TMC. Most of our responses are due to people like you sending cr*p our way. Stop bashing us and we will stop replying to your messages.

100% true ^^^. @EVNow has had an account since 2009 but has only had a Tesla to his name for a very short time. Indeed if he had purchased a HW2.0 Model S and pre-purchased EAP & FSD in <December 2016 he would be whistling a different tune. He will say he wouldn’t toSave face, but we all know he would. It’s easy to sit on your tight chair and make statements but he @EVNow is in a much different place with Tesla ownership than some of us true old timers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Can we please not accuse each other of being trolls? Let's get back on topic of whether V10 will suck or not. LOL.

i think we’ll all be happy and in a “honeymoon” state for a bit and then when the reality of what we actually got vs what we were expecting to get will some pretty brite¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

For example games and video will be humongous part BUT for those of us that charge overnight and actually use our cars for transportation will see -0- benefit in any of that!!

Reactions: S100D
Can we please not accuse each other of being trolls? Let's get back on topic of whether V10 will suck or not. LOL.

Thank you! I totally agree. Please let's not turn this into one of those forums where people don't feel free to express their opinions. I find some of the posts here a little overly optimistic, and conversely some a bit too pessimistic. But the value here is to see a diversity of opinions, to learn, and to stimulate thoughtful discussions (sometimes debates). But when things degenerate into name calling, challenging of people's motives, and attempts to silence, we all lose.

Thank you! I totally agree. Please let's not turn this into one of those forums where people don't feel free to express their opinions. I find some of the posts here a little overly optimistic, and conversely some a bit too pessimistic. But the value here is to see a diversity of opinions, to learn, and to stimulate thoughtful discussions (sometimes debates). But when things degenerate into name calling, challenging of people's motives, and attempts to silence, we all lose.
Yeah, there's plenty of that in the Model 3 Forum on Tesla.com.

I'd be if I posted glowing opinion about Musk in everything all the time.

The problem is some of the trolls here don't want to talk about the topic of the thread at all. They just want to post their opinion of why Musk said this or that - and their opinion is that he is a fraud and liar - all the time. This is their only explanation for everything that Tesla / Musk does. Its a bit like how medieval folks didn't want to look for a rational explanation of anything - they would just call everything an act of God.

I come here to get information about V10 (or whatever is the topic) - not about what some person's speculation about Musk's actions. These, as you can see, completely derail the thread.

That is why I've been saying we need proper moderation of these forums.

Exactly. Use the threads for its purpose not from trolling.

100% true ^^^. @EVNow has had an account since 2009 but has only had a Tesla to his name for a very short time. Indeed if he had purchased a HW2.0 Model S and pre-purchased EAP & FSD in <December 2016 he would be whistling a different tune. He will say he wouldn’t toSave face, but we all know he would. It’s easy to sit on your tight chair and make statements but he @EVNow is in a much different place with Tesla ownership than some of us true old timers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LOL.

In 2011 I bought Leaf with L3 charging - that I could never use. I didn't repeatedly talk about that - as you can see from my 10,000+ posts in MyNissanLeaf as the moderator there.

I'd be if I posted glowing opinion about Musk in everything all the time.

The problem is some of the trolls here don't want to talk about the topic of the thread at all. They just want to post their opinion of why Musk said this or that - and their opinion is that he is a fraud and liar - all the time. This is their only explanation for everything that Tesla / Musk does. Its a bit like how medieval folks didn't want to look for a rational explanation of anything - they would just call everything an act of God.
EVNow, you are not a troll and neither is ElectronBlue or myself. I was only kidding when I said you were a troll.

I will add one thing to this thread so you will know why I sometimes get upset when things I was told are not honored.

In June of 2015, I purchased a Model S85D. When the AP2 cars were announced in October of 2016, stupid me had to have one. I traded in my S85D in December of 2016 and with the increased price of the S90D, I lost $46,983.88 on the trade-in plus the additional cost of the new S90D. It was my choice to do this and no one held a gun to my head to buy the AP2 car. The $3,000 more that I paid for EAP/FSD is nothing compared to the money I spent to get a FSD Model S. Unfortunately my AP2-MCU1 car will not be able to enjoy most of the new features that will be released in the future unless I am able to update to MCU2.

Hopefully people will stop bashing each other and we can all wait to see what V10 brings to all of us. I am very happy for those of you that were able to get AP3 and MCU2 Teslas. You will definitely be able to enjoy all of the new V10 features.

EVNow, you are not a troll and neither is ElectronBlue or myself. I was only kidding when I said you were a troll.

I will add one thing to this thread so you will know why I sometimes get upset when things I was told are not honored.

In June of 2015, I purchased a Model S85D. When the AP2 cars were announced in October of 2016, stupid me had to have one. I traded in my S85D in December of 2016 and with the increased price of the S90D, I lost $46,983.88 on the trade-in plus the additional cost of the new S90D. It was my choice to do this and no one held a gun to my head to buy the AP2 car. The $3,000 more that I paid for EAP/FSD is nothing compared to the money I spent to get a FSD Model S. Unfortunately my AP2-MCU1 car will not be able to enjoy most of the new features that will be released in the future unless I am able to update to MCU2.

Hopefully people will stop bashing each other and we can all wait to see what V10 brings to all of us. I am very happy for those of you that were able to get AP3 and MCU2 Teslas. You will definitely be able to enjoy all of the new V10 features.

Bash a topic or issue, not other people!

Reactions: motocoder and S100D
Stay positive people ! I have followed and read EVnow’s posts since the Niissan Leaf days on mynissanleaf.com
He’s always been fair, and has intelligent information and comments.
Miss my Leaf BTW it was a great car for a first EV.

LOL.

In 2011 I bought Leaf with L3 charging - that I could never use. I didn't repeatedly talk about that - as you can see from my 10,000+ posts in MyNissanLeaf as the moderator there.

Certainly glad you aren’t the moderator here since you’d delete half the posts that don’t agree with you or don’t praise you. SMH SMH SMH

Anything that would have been beyond the EAP description (Enhanced Autopilot) and standard safety features would have been FSD. I would opine this was a widely held belief in 2016 so not just me.

Stop sign recognition and automated stopping would be an example of a feature beyond EAP and standard safety, but also beneath autonomous Level 5 FSD so could be delivered earlier. I guess we will get that at some point but back then something like this was expected in 3-6 months...

The stop sign recognition, and automated stopping are good examples of how FSD could have differentiated from EAP. Those are actual features that aren't necessarily under the "safety" umbrella.

But, Elon and Tesla never made any mention of them until much later.

The problem really is the how generic the question was.

I think Tesla owners need to have better representation. Elon seems to answer a few select questions randomly, and it never seems to be the right question.

So I'd love to have some TMC representative ask more well thought out questions, and to follow up on them at a later date.

That way Elon is forced (due to the sheer size of owners being represented) to answer the question.

• Helpful
Reactions: electronblue