Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud on the Door Sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have attached the original under door weatherstripping service bulletin from Tesla. There are also the 2 soundproofing upgrades that include more on the under door weatherstripping attached. Also, I have taken a few photos of my weatherstripping install from Electrified Garage. I live off a dirt road and it has been rainy the last few days, so please overlook the dirty on the car!

I can tell you they work great for keeping dirt out of the sill. If you are close to the car and looking down at it, you can't see them. If you get far enough away, you can see the lower lip sticking down.

IMG_2055.jpg
IMG_2052.jpg
IMG_2051.jpg

Attachments

• Interior_Sound_Proofing_Upgrade_Roadster_1.5_2.0_R2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • Interior_Sound_Proofing_Upgrade_Roadster_2.5_R2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Roadster door seal service bulletin.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 52
I have attached the original under door weatherstripping service bulletin from Tesla. There are also the 2 soundproofing upgrades that include more on the under door weatherstripping attached. Also, I have taken a few photos of my weatherstripping install from Electrified Garage. I live off a dirt road and it has been rainy the last few days, so please overlook the dirty on the car!

I can tell you they work great for keeping dirt out of the sill. If you are close to the car and looking down at it, you can't see them. If you get far enough away, you can see the lower lip sticking down.

View attachment 537690View attachment 537691View attachment 537692

Thanks! Love that the "part numbers" are ACE Hardware SKUs! :eek:

So everything in the Stage 2 Sound kit was externally sourced - those + Dynamat & Dynaliner