Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS scraping garage entrance - need advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The whole garage done in the tiles would look even better! Glad you found something that worked for you. Sure this thread will help someone else out.

My husband went the epoxy route which wouldn't help out in this situation (and he does have SAS) but have to say having a really nice looking garage floor helps create the desire for a better looking garage space too. We added nice cabinets afterwards. Gives you garage pride. The tiles are much less work than the epoxy though if you DIY it.
Stop hatin on my dirty old garage floor!! Just kidding, you are correct. I may end up doing the whole garage, just not ready to commit right now.

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
View attachment 479159 View attachment 479162 View attachment 479167
The Diamondtrax Tiles did the trick! I’ll live with them a few more days before finalizing the design and securing to the floor, but no more scraping.

For reference, here’s what I used: Diamondtrax Tiles - Diamond Plate Interlocking Garage Tile
UPDATE: After trying this solution for a few days, I noticed that the small tabs around the edges of the tiles were starting to bend under the weight of the car, creating a sag in the tile and causing a slight drag. Don’t think these will be a long-term solution after all. On to experiment #2: 3/4” rubber mat.