Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving from 19"Gemini to 20" Induction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rookie question:
I have a 23 MY - I ordered it with 19" Gemini Rims they are great, but I just and just ordered 20" Induction Rims and Tires. Does anybody know if I can use the same lug nuts, meaning use the ones I have for the Gemini Rims/Tire set up?

Thanks
.mc

Rookie question:
I have a 23 MY - I ordered it with 19" Gemini Rims they are great, but I just and just ordered 20" Induction Rims and Tires. Does anybody know if I can use the same lug nuts, meaning use the ones I have for the Gemini Rims/Tire set up?

Thanks
.mc
If I may ask - how much would it cost replacing 19” with 20” even if approximate.
(I believe tires itself are 400~each ?, and then the wheels.) I am not very familiar, but have Y on order. Going for 19” as roads where I am are quite bad (and driving comfort isn’t great at all with 3/Y with either wheels) - but may be with move to another region few months down the line (better roads) can still enable me to replace 19” with 20”. TIA!

Let me provide some feedback / observations I have gathered from talking to other owners of Model Y's
Your estimate on the price of 20" tires is in range - $330 to $400 each. The current market price for 20" " new Tesla induction n Rims is approximately $330 each...so rough numbers for OEM induction rims and tires = +$2600 (that does not include shipping, balancing and Tire Pressure Monitoring valve stems). While I am sure many go this route or buy non- OEM / Tesla Rims and Tires , most of the Tesla owners I communicated with simply look for "take offs", meaning Tesla owners that want to install other rim / tire packages...... you can find those on this site, craigslist, ebay & others. What I have seen over the last 30 days is Tesla owners willing to sell low mileage (500 or less mile) "take offs" - for $2500 to $3200. Basically new Induction Rims and Tires.

Additional background:
Gemini 19 inch rims are the most durable
Induction 20" Rims and Tires - provide better handling and a more sporty feel.
Uberturbines 21"Rim and Tires - which come on the performance model are amazing and designed for performance - stiff / firm ride

You will see many Uberturbine packages for sale as "take offs" - the feedback is that they are for the performance minded driver, best in class.........but as you may expect not a good match for city driving or areas with rough pavement.

20" Inductions seem to be performance minded - best of both worlds??

19" Gemini --- best all round package -less fun, but more durable. Rub a curb, no problem - new wheel cover is $35.If you dont like the looks of the wheel covers, pull them off - there is a cool ally wheel behind. You can purchase a set of lug nut covers and center caps for under $100 on the Tesla site. Best package for extending range . I have heard estimates of 2 to 5%?

Hope this helps.
Other with more experience or with data driven fact bases can provide better guidance.

Reactions: cenwesi and AJ..