Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Appropriate/Inappropriate/Funniest TMC Banner Ad's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an example test.

1. Open bing.com in browser
2. Search for "beach vacations"
3. Ctrl-click every link on page 1 (open in new tab)
4. Go to page two and repeat it
5. Close the browser (all tabs)
6. Open a new browser, navigate to teslamotorsclub.com
RESULT: Here's the first advertisement that popped up:
View attachment 8992

This is the first Carnival or vacation advertisement I've seen for at least 3 months.

Sure it's not a proof, but it's a very strong correlation.

Advertisment #2:
View attachment 8993

After two, it started reverting back to the ones that I've been seeing for the last two weeks or so.

Yeah, I'm in this business... We call them stalker ads. It started on Google, and Bing is doing it now too. Essentially a cookie is set with various sites you visit (placed usually by the company, or affiliates to the company), and if you start to look at watches say at Amazon (wish lists etc), then as you move to other sites Google will start to place watch ads in front of you. Normally the cookies are set for 30 days. Then if you end up buying the watch somewhere, the last affiliate advertiser gets the credit for the click through. And ROI is proven for the ad spend.

So by sharing these ads, we kind know what your into here! ;)

This thread is hilarious!

I got one in spanish, but I never visit spanish language sites.
ad1.jpg

Here's an example test.

Yep, worked for me (except I didn't bother closing the browse). All I get is hotels and beaches now - which is a vast improvement over the "Meet Asian Ladies" I was getting before - and my Asian Lady wife doesn't approve of ;-)

Yeah, I'm in this business... We call them stalker ads. It started on Google, and Bing is doing it now too. Essentially a cookie is set with various sites you visit (placed usually by the company, or affiliates to the company), and if you start to look at watches say at Amazon (wish lists etc), then as you move to other sites Google will start to place watch ads in front of you. Normally the cookies are set for 30 days. Then if you end up buying the watch somewhere, the last affiliate advertiser gets the credit for the click through. And ROI is proven for the ad spend.

So by sharing these ads, we kind know what your into here! ;)

I opted out with Google long ago from all my devices:

Ads Preferences Manager

So, when I do go for the full browser experience instead of Tapatalk, I seem to get EV/charging/solar stuff mostly given the TMC site itself.

Here's an example test.

So I tried this but entered the search word "boing" just for the hell of it and I got this as a banner ad:

Untitled.jpg

Cookie monster having a bad day?

I only started paying attention to the banners when this thread opened. Mostly I get Toyota, Ford trucks, GMC trucks, Chevy Volt, and auto insurance. But just now I got a pretty funny one for a married man! Trust me, I've never searched for anything related to this!

bannerad.jpg

OK, up till 2 minutes ago I hadn't had any banners of a "sexual" nature. I replied to *hcsharp* (see above) and then I immediately got this....:

Untitled.jpg

I do speak Russian (even if it's not great) but I have no idea how they came to target me with the Ukrainian girls.

7003683528221973805.jpg

From this thread: If I can only afford one, this how it would look
Now that I'm awaken, all of my decisions in life is altering from unconscious to awaken-doing. I now understand why I've been jobless for the past 3 years. At first I thought it was a curs of bad karma. After meditating on it for a few months, I came to a realization that it happen to me for profound reason...a reason only my inner wisdom knew. Now at the age of 31, I finally know what my ultimate purpose on earth is......to be part of the conscious transportation designer of electric vehicles for humanity. I love earth.
Seems in context.

I only started paying attention to the banners when this thread opened. Mostly I get Toyota, Ford trucks, GMC trucks, Chevy Volt, and auto insurance. But just now I got a pretty funny one for a married man! Trust me, I've never searched for anything related to this!

View attachment 9014

Ummm... sure.:wink:

I keep getting one that tells me I can win a Trans Am. A totally bitchin' one with the screaming chicken decal on the hood. So the system seems to be working pretty well.