Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Moisture in front frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first winter with my model 3

During working hours I park outside (12 hours a day) the I drive home and park indoors in a heated (12-15 deg) garage.

For the first time in a month I popped the front frunk to add windshield washer fluid and I noticed the the carpet I put in was moist. I took the carpet out and saw moisture all over the bottom of the basin and the tow eye hook. I had to dry it all off.

Is this normal for the car?

I’ve never had a drop in there. Is your hood flush with both fenders and the front bumper cover? If it’s sitting slightly high you can lower it a bit with the 2 adjusters plastic screw type adjusters. Check the rubber seal that surrounds the tub and make sure it properly installed and looks uniform all around. Also check the surface on the hood underside where the seal makes contact for any irregularities.

My first winter with my model 3

During working hours I park outside (12 hours a day) the I drive home and park indoors in a heated (12-15 deg) garage.

For the first time in a month I popped the front frunk to add windshield washer fluid and I noticed the the carpet I put in was moist. I took the carpet out and saw moisture all over the bottom of the basin and the tow eye hook. I had to dry it all off.

Is this normal for the car?
I just drilled a small hole in the trunk to let the water drain out.